Any idea what a diocene is?

Reality Handbook

Oct 21, 2007, 2:47:27 PM10/21/07
Hello all,

I've come across the word "diocene" in the context of chemistry, and
it sounds like it might be a legitimate term (like benzene).

Indeed, doing a google search on "diocene chemistry" gave me a few
hits... including "Milfred concentrated emulsifiable diocene
deodorant." and "This documents the chemical equivalence of ....
diocene catalyst gave, at ... (Hedione@),['] an important perfumery
chemical, from hept- ...". But I can't find any formal definition or
diagram of a chemical that is a diocene.

Does anyone know if this term is real, and if so, what it is??
Specifically, what might a photo-diocene be?

Thanks!

BAJJERFAN

Oct 25, 2007, 4:59:14 PM10/25/07
On Oct 21, 1:47 pm, Reality Handbook <realityhandb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Perhaps it is a metallocene like ferrocene, the di referring to the
two cyclopentadiene rings?