Buffer + HCl

GoogleGirl

Nov 25, 2006, 6:03:36 PM11/25/06

I am having trouble figuring out what the changes in volume would be on
pH. If a 50mL of 0.25 HCl is added to a buffer of pH 10.95 (250mL).
Also, what would the effect of dilution have on the pH? would it
decrease by the ratio of dilution? Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

GoogleGirl

Joe Bob

Dec 9, 2006, 12:37:38 PM12/9/06
Hi GG, I've used this spreadsheet b4 to estimate pH when the
equilibria becomes complicated. Although the spreadsheet looks busy, a
little study should answer you pH question. You will have to ascertain
the ion makeup for the buffer.

http://www2.iq.usp.br/docente/gutz/Curtipot_.html

George Orwell

Dec 10, 2006, 11:32:12 AM12/10/06
"Joe Bob" <jrd...@gmail.com> wrote in

Great. Another Internet anonym manages to successfully cheat her way
through freshman chemistry by posting her homework questions.

Let's hope she isn't a pre-med who will one day end up treating me
after she also successfully cheats her way through med school.

Borek

Jan 21, 2007, 6:26:33 PM1/21/07
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:32:12 +0100, George Orwell
<the...@farm.com.invalid> wrote:

> Let's hope she isn't a pre-med who will one day end up treating me
> after she also successfully cheats her way through med school.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=146750

Borek
--
http://www.chembuddy.com/?left=BATE&right=pH-calculator
http://www.ph-meter.info/pH-electrode

George Orwell

Jan 21, 2007, 7:57:19 PM1/21/07
Borek <m.bor...@delete.chembuddy.whats.com.invalid> wrote in

> On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:32:12 +0100, George Orwell
> <the...@farm.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Let's hope she isn't a pre-med who will one day end up treating me
>> after she also successfully cheats her way through med school.
>
> http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=146750
>
> Borek

Scary. Already in the medical "profession". God help the patient
with a life-threatening condition who can't be "plugged into the
calculator".

Remind me to check into the hospital during daylight hours.

George