Surprising Way Your Neanderthal Genes May Affect You

1 view

J.LyonLayden

May 11, 2010, 2:45:17 PM5/11/10
Like I said before:

It may be our Neanderthal genes that are behind virtually all human
progress. New DNA data reveals that many of us are carrying
Neanderthal genes. And not only that, but evidence is mounting that
when those genes are activated in you, they can cause you to become
incredibly resourceful, pioneering, creative... and utterly out of
control.

Scientists used to like to think that we come exclusively from a
branch of human evolution called "Modern Humans." The thought that
modern humans may have interbred with another species entirely -- the
Neanderthals -- was viewed as unsavory heresy. That is until
yesterday.

But besides the recent genome discovery which only says that we're
carrying some Neanderthal genes -- we have yet to recognize that it is
likely that those very Neanderthal genes are the cause of the
development of human civilization as we know it.

Did Neanderthal Genes Cause the Advancement of Human Civilization?
Let's look at the facts: modern humans made basically zero progress
for over 163,000 years. They didn't invent much. They didn't develop
any significant societies. They didn't build much of anything. They
were basically hunter-gatherers that did not make any technological
progress for 163,000 years. To put that in perspective, virtually all
of human progress has been made over the last 37,000 years.

The traits of modern humans could be summed up as very traditional,
stable, with a low capacity/tolerance for risk, innovation, change and
progress. In short, they were temperamentally too stable and too
disinclined towards free thought or creativity to make any
recognizable progress over the first 163,000 years of their existence
on this planet.

Modern humans were also trapped mostly in Africa because their rivals
-- the Neanderthals -- occupied Europe and Asia and could basically
kick the living crap out of them if they ever dared to venture into
this Neanderthal territory, because Neanderthals were extremely
combative, powerful, and skillful warriors. In fact, Neanderthals were
the total opposite temperament of modern humans. Neanderthals were
wild and relentlessly creative to a fault. They were innovative, but
because they couldn't stop innovating, battling, and moving on to the
next new thing they could not maintain any progress. Think of a tribe
that was 100% ADHD and bipolar -- no stability -- complete and utter
madness. Without any stability their abundant creations, breakthroughs
and innovations would be short-lived and forgotten by subsequent
generations. Their attention could not be held for long enough to
create a lasting legacy. Neanderthals were Uprisers -- radical change
agents who couldn't stop changing.

Just as easily as they would rise up against other tribes -- they
probably rose up against each other at the expense of their own
progress.

Were Neanderthals the Original Rebel Visionaries?
Neanderthals were thrill-seekers -- sensation junkies. (Much like some
of our beloved trailblazing heroes of today.) They loved battle, and
music, and had a propensity for inciting chaos. They were the original
rebel rock stars. Neanderthals are seen as a warlike species; but what
we overlook is that they were just happy to fight. They were the
original fight club. They were the original musicians, singers and
poets. Archaeological evidence demonstrates that Neanderthals made
musical instruments. The book "Neanderthals Sing" explores their
amazing propensity for singing -- even above language. So even though
they may have had a bellicose nature -- they also may had a much
deeper, more beautiful and tender way of communing with each other
through song. The curiously empathic Neanderthals were tapped into the
symphony of nature.

The Neanderthals were so random and so creative that they could not
create any kind of society because all their inspiration, ideas and
creations ended up dying off in the chaos. On the other hand, the
modern humans were just too fragile and too uncreative to compete with
the Neanderthals or make any progress on their own. So the wild
maniacal Neanderthals held all of Europe and Asia and the modern
humans were stuck in Africa.

Neanderthals & Modern Humans Collide: Technology Explodes.
Then something miraculous happened. About 37,000 years ago
Neanderthals likely intermingled with modern humans, because boom -
all of a sudden there's a new gene in the human genome, the DRD4 7R
gene -- which has been a prime suspect for originating from
Neanderthals for some time now. This gene is associated with risk-
taking, sensation-seeking and novelty-seeking, and correlated with
openness to new experiences, intolerance to monotony, and exploratory
behavior -- you know... Neanderthal stuff. (According to the human
genome the DRD4 7R gene suddenly showed up about 37,000 years ago,
spread due to natural selection and is unlikely to be of modern human
origin, due to the "highly unlikely recombination mutation events
required" to generate the 7R version from the modern human 4R version
of the gene according to a recent Yale School of Medicine
publication.)

This miraculous combination created a new kind of "super" human hybrid
tribe: part Neanderthal, part modern human -- and they DOMINATED. They
had the battle skills and ingenuity of Neanderthals and the stability
of modern humans working together to sustain their growth, progress
and eventual dominion. Suddenly Earth was transformed -- virtually
overnight evolutionarily speaking. Within the cosmic blink of an eye,
mankind was creating and sustaining large civilizations fueled by
innovations in language, agriculture, technology and culture. And this
DRD4 7R gene is likely the cause.

The reason this works is that some people in the population have the
activated DRD4 7R gene (about 10%), some are just carriers (about 20%)
and some don't have it at all (the vast majority -- 80%). If you've
got the active DRD4 7R gene - you're going to be risk-taking,
creative, innovative and very hard to reign in - much like the
Neanderthals. Let's call these people the Uprisers. If you don't have
it, you're going to be more stable and traditional -- much like the
modern humans. Let's call these people the Stabilizers. So right now
-- worldwide -- 10% of people are Uprisers, 90% are stabilizers.

This new hybrid "super" human tribe became successful because it had
the best of both worlds -- the Uprisers (those with the Neanderthal
disposition) who would rebel, innovate, pioneer and lead change -- and
the Stabilizers (those with the modern human disposition) who would
stabilize and institutionalize all the positive innovation and changes
trail-blazed by the Uprisers, which would have been doomed to collapse
under its own disorder if it weren't for the steady hands of the
Stabilizers.

Establishing and sustaining human progress is like building a
skyscraper. You need Uprisers to rise up and bring the tower to a
higher level, and you also need Stabilizers to hold that tower in
place. If there were no Uprisers there would be no tower -- the
structure would stay at ground level and there would be no progress.
If there were no Stabilizers, the tower would collapse and topple,
because nothing keeps it together.

Understanding this principle and recognizing people's inherent gifts
as Uprisers or Stablizers can go a long way in minimizing conflict and
misunderstanding between these two temperaments. Unfortunately,
because Uprisers are surrounded by a vast majority of Stabilizers, who
not only don't understand them at all, but tend to actively distrust
and dislike their disposition, Uprisers tend to suffer.

If a typical Neanderthal lived in our society today they would most
likely be labeled with ADHD, bipolar, Asperger's or autism. They would
have addictive personalities causing them to go way over the top with
whatever caught their passion. They would be seen as troublemakers in
school and would quickly assume the role of misfit or rebel. So it is
with those who still carry their genes.

Even in their day the Neanderthals must have recognized how the
inherent ADHD of their disposition, while great for innovation and
battle, really hampered their ability to sustain a stable life,
because at their burial sites we've found ephedrine -- which is a drug
similar in effect to Ritalin, Adderall and Concerta -- which
stabilizes the brain thus reducing the symptoms of ADHD and bipolar
suffered by less inhibited brains.

The DRD4 7R gene makes you think like a Neanderthal. If you've got
this Neanderthal gene activated, you become sensation-seeking, risk-
taking, impulsive, and highly creative. You don't think like modern
humans, you "think differently." Welcome to the tribe. We're ADHD,
bipolar, addictive personalities.

One might wonder are these people mad or genius? And the answer is
yes. We are. We are mad and genius. We love to ride that fine line
between genius and insanity. We bring that double-edged sword to the
table. America is a melting pot of this risk-taking temperament,
because at one time or another just about every population of Uprisers
(those with the active Neanderthal DRD4 7R gene) were drawn to taking
the risk of leaving their homeland to pursue the American dream just
like their nomadic Neanderthal ancestors. The rest of the world thinks
we're mad -- because we are -- but we're also crazy smart and
innovative. By the way, this higher incidence of the DRD4 7R gene in
America has already been revealed.

Stabilizers, to this day, tend to be very uncomfortable and feel
threatened by Neanderthal traits. Those possessing Neanderthal traits
(the Uprisers) are often rebuked, shamed and marginalized because they
violate the norm. The tragic thing is that there seems to be something
deep in the modern human psyche that abhors the Neanderthal genome --
literally an instinctive desire to genocide our Neanderthal lineage.
In the past we've scapegoated, witch hunted, crucified, and martyred
those with Neanderthal traits. Today we are labeling these Upriser
Neanderthal traits with psychological disorder diagnoses like ADHD and
bipolar and then drugging those traits out of our collective
experience. Finally, as these Upriser traits are increasingly
discovered to be ancient genetic relics from modern human's brief
tryst with the Neanderthals, will a neo-genocide occur through quiet
but selective genetic screening? Will expectant mothers soon hear,
"Would you like Neanderthal gene contaminations removed from your
embryo which would put your child at high risk for developing ADHD,
bipolar disorder, Asperger's, autism and addictions?" What mother
could resist, unless she knew that those very genes could very well
also be the greatest gift to human progress?

Our opportunity as human beings to maximize progress is to instill
great cooperation between the Uprisers and the Stabilizers.
Stabilizers need to recognize and honor the gifts offered by young
Uprisers and help stabilize the towers they can't help but erect, and
Uprisers need to recognize and honor the gifts of stability and order
Stabilizers are trying to offer them, to help their towers last and
not come crashing down.

So, if you find you strongly relate to the wild and creative
Neanderthal/Upriser temperament, realize that the key to your success
will be finding a group of Stabilizers that can work with your
innovativeness to build something great.

And if you find yourself somewhat repelled by people who act like
Neanderthals, realize that these crazy, irrepressible, insufferable
people are the key to progress; and if you can just tolerate their
insanity well enough to work with them you will likely become the
esteemed steward of a human breakthrough.

There's a lot more to this than I have the room in a single article to
present. If you doubt what I am saying, please post a comment with
your objection and there's a good chance I can address it.

Would you like to learn more about how the Neanderthal gene affects
people's temperament?
Want to discover how those with Neanderthal genes tend to become a
great entrepreneurs, artists, performers or innovators? Go to
NeanderthalGene.com join my mailing list and I'll send you a lot more
information than I can include here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garret-loporto/surprising-way-your-neand_b_568455.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Day Brown

May 17, 2010, 9:28:14 PM5/17/10
Its been reported HNS look like rodeo bull riders; lotsa fractures of
the hip, back and lower limbs. What's missing? the characteristic parry
fractures of the arms that occurs in hominid battle. We also still see
where the men are more violent, the front teeth are bashed in. But this
is not characteristic of Neanderthal skulls.

Their big problem was not another tribe; they never numbered more than
100,000 across the whole 3 million square miles of Europe. There was as
much hunting territory per man as there was per tribe in the tropics.

The real enemy was Old Man Winter; you dont want an aggressive warrior
in the cave with you for the five months of winter. Cabin fever sets in,
and he starts hitting whoever is available.

But yes, history is full of examples where different gene pools and
cultures meet, and there's an immediate flowering of technologies and
arts as new skills are traded, but then adapted, to new conditions. The
Good Old Boy network is no longer in charge, and cant repress dissent.

Its politically incorrect, but its the Neanderthal DNA that has the
earliest red melanin, and undoubtedly, HNS Y chromosomes carried the
markers that resulted in white skin.

For a long time, its been argued that hybridization was impossible,
despite the fact we've seen fertile offspring of mating horses with
donkeys who are even more genetically different. But when we look, we
see far more males- which have simpler reproductive tracts- than
females. Thus we'd expect there to be far fewer European mtDNA lines.

Which is egzactly what Sykes, "The Seven Daughters of Eve" found. Nine
if you count two found only in Finland. What happened was explained to
me by a midwife who noted the HNS pelvis was more robust and would not
crack open as seen in Homo Sapiens females. The HSS skull was also more
spherical with a larger cross section than the HNS skull, more oval.

The hybrids have, as we see, a more difficult time birthing, which much
higher rates of maternal mortality before modern methods like caesarian.
As a result, European women were less common; that which owns a scarce
resource, the cunt, is therefore more powerful.

Barford, "The Early Slavs" picks up on them at the end of the Roman
empire in the 5th century, when couples stole Roman farming tools and
lit out to "homestead" in the vast forests across the Rhine and Danube.
At this point, it no longer matters how aggressive the warrior is; he
does not know where the cunt took the man she thot she could get along
with better moved to.

But whereas the warrior elites promoted wheat monoculture because the
dry grain was easier to carry on the warpath, the Slavs went in for
turnips. Hearing an army was at large, they took what food they could
carry to hide out in the forest and buried the rest. You cant do that
with grain. The most notable result was Napoleon's army starving in
Russia, where they still love borscht.

And contrary to what you mite expect from the name, you cant make a
slave out of a Slav. Like American Indians, they'd take off to live in
the vast forest. So- warrior elites always hated Slavs.