WPBookErrors

Marco

Dec 6, 2008, 1:08:07 PM12/6/08
to ScholarPress Dev
Hi, I am new to WPBook, and I love the idea of merging both. Found
this plug in on a web search with such high ratings! :-) I am having
trouble, hopefully someone can help... Here you go:

Warning: main(simplexml44-0_4_4/class/IsterXmlSimpleXMLImpl.php):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/e/l/
t/eltravieso/html/wp-content/themes/wp-facebook/php4client/
facebookapi_php4_restlib.php on line 34

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'simplexml44-0_4_4/class/
IsterXmlSimpleXMLImpl.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /
home/content/e/l/t/eltravieso/html/wp-content/themes/wp-facebook/
php4client/facebookapi_php4_restlib.php on line 34

I am not sure what to make of it... Thanks for any help in advance!

Andrew Spratley

Dec 6, 2008, 1:36:01 PM12/6/08
to scholarp...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to grab the SimpleXML library and extract it to your:

/home/content/e/l/t/eltravieso/html/wp-content/themes/wp-facebook/php4client/
directory

This link should help you:

http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=4514

Andy
--
Andrew Spratley

USSU IT & Web Manager

Office tel: 01273 87 7356
mobile: 07738 995 035
email: A.J.Sp...@sussex.ac.uk

15. Worrying solves nothing.

16. Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.
Stefan Sagmeister

Marco Martinez

Dec 6, 2008, 3:28:17 PM12/6/08
to scholarp...@googlegroups.com
That worked! Thanks!

Now, how do I add a tab/sidebar to the actual facebook app?

Marco

"when our tools are broken, we feel broken. And when somebody fixes
one, we feel a tiny bit more whole..." J.I.

BandonRandon

Dec 6, 2008, 9:07:46 PM12/6/08
to ScholarPress Dev
what do you mean add a tab? you can modify any of the files in the wp-
facebook files in the themes directory the index.php file might be a
good place to start.

Sorry for the short answer...

-B

On Dec 6, 12:28 pm, Marco Martinez <eltravi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That worked! Thanks!
>
> Now, how do I add a tab/sidebar to the actual facebook app?
>
> Marco
>
> "when our tools are broken, we feel broken. And when somebody fixes
> one, we feel a tiny bit more whole..." J.I.
>
> On Dec 6, 2008, at 10:36 AM, Andrew Spratley wrote:
>

> > I think you need to grab the SimpleXML library and extract it to your:
>
> > /home/content/e/l/t/eltravieso/html/wp-content/themes/wp-facebook/
> > php4client/
> > directory
>
> > This link should help you:
>
> >http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=4514
>
> > Andy
> > On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Marco <eltravi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi, I am new to WPBook, and I love the idea of merging both. Found
> >> this plug in on a web search with such high ratings! :-) I am having
> >> trouble, hopefully someone can help... Here you go:
>
> >> Warning: main(simplexml44-0_4_4/class/IsterXmlSimpleXMLImpl.php):
> >> failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/e/
> >> l/
> >> t/eltravieso/html/wp-content/themes/wp-facebook/php4client/
> >> facebookapi_php4_restlib.php on line 34
>
> >> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'simplexml44-0_4_4/
> >> class/
> >> IsterXmlSimpleXMLImpl.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /
> >> home/content/e/l/t/eltravieso/html/wp-content/themes/wp-facebook/
> >> php4client/facebookapi_php4_restlib.php on line 34
>
> >> I am not sure what to make of it... Thanks for any help in advance!
>
> > --
> > Andrew Spratley
>
> > USSU IT & Web Manager
>
> > Office tel: 01273 87 7356
> > mobile: 07738 995 035
> > email: A.J.Sprat...@sussex.ac.uk

Marco Martinez

Dec 6, 2008, 11:06:50 PM12/6/08
to scholarp...@googlegroups.com
Don't be sorry, my question was poorly asked!...

What I meant was: When you log onto Facebook (all of my question
refers to facebook side of WPBook), you can put the Developer
application on the set of applications on the right column, as a
clickable word "Developer", but some applications for example can
become actual tabs (right next to Photos, Feed, Status, etc.) I for
example have the Flicker tab in there which lets me access my flicker
photos... So I was thinking, it would be nice to have a tab for WPBook
(which would show up to all of my friends when they see my profile) or
a side box on the left side which would have the latest blog post... I
hope that made sense now, and the questions is clear. I am not verse
on the development side of things so if this can be done that would be
great!

Also, when you post a new blog post, does the blog post automatically
appear on the apps.facebook.com applications? Ours is http://apps.facebook.com/betsyandmarco/
and wonder if it automatically fetches or it takes the RSS feed...

Anyway, thanks for all the answers in advance, the previous person
helped me make it work! But I wonder if it would be a nicety to have
it always available as a tab to all of my friends...

Thanks again!

Marco

"Do all you can with what you have in the time you have in the place
you are..." - Nkosi's Mantra

BandonRandon

Dec 7, 2008, 4:17:33 PM12/7/08
to ScholarPress Dev
Marco,

I now see what you are talking about as far as tabs are concerned. You
can add your WP-Book app as a tab by going to your profile and and
clicking on the "+" next to the other tabs. However because wp-book is
written to work in facebooks "Iframe" mode (which means it uses php
and not fbml) it will just result in errors sorry about that.

As far as how the plugin gets your data to facebook. because it's a
theme it just pulls the data stright from the database just like your
main theme would it is just a custom theme to match the facebook
layout.

In lue of tabs you can bookmark the app which will give you access
through the bookmark sidebar on your homepage.

Hope that helps,
Brandon