HIT: Slogans for Banners--PART I

Kathy Hutton

Jul 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/25/97
to LM_...@listserv.syr.edu

To everyone...
Thanks for the many, many responses I received to my request for
slogans that might encourage positive attitudes and self-confidence in
the students at our K-2 school. I am posting the replies to the entire
list (as many requested) in several "parts" because many slogans are
appropriate for persons of ALL AGES. I hope you find some that are
useful and/or meaningful to you. Here we go...

"You don't have to do great things. But the little things you are doing
can be done with great conviction, great wisdom, great beauty."

TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More.
Be Yourself: You're The Only One Who Can Do It Right.
Never Settle for Less Than Your Best.
If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It.
If You Can Dream It, You Can Become It.
If You Believe You Can, You Can.
The Difference Between Ordinary and Extraordinary, Is That Little Extra.
Stand Up For What Is Right Even If You're Standing Alone.
You Are Responsible For You.
Learn From The Past, Live In The Present, Plan For The Future.
You Are The Author Of Your Own Life Story.
For Success, Attitude Is As Important As Ability.
Let The Choices You Make Today Be Choices You Can Live With Tomorrow.
A Smiling Face Makes This A Happy Place.
Things Turn Out Better When We Work Together.
Think Big, Think Positive, Think For Yourself.
Success Comes In Cans, Not In Cannots.
No One Is A Failure Who Keeps Trying.
Today's Preparation Determines Tomorrow's Achievement.
Attitude Is The Mind's Paintbrush. It Can Color Any Situation.
What Is Popular Is Not Always Right. What Is Right Is Not Always
Popular.
No One Can Do Everything, But Everyone Can Do Something.
If At First You Don't Succeed, You're In Good Company. (Photos of
famous "failures" go with it.)
Stretch Yourself And Be Surprised At How Far You Can Go.
Don't Make Excuses, Make Improvements.
You Can't Choose Your Circumstances, But You Can Choose To Overcome
Them.
When Opportunity Knocks, Get Up And Answer The Door.
The First Step To Winning Is Beginning.
Courage Is Doing The Right Thing When Everyone Around You Is Doing
Wrong.
Education Is Like A Savings Account: The More You Put Into It, The
Richer You Are.
The Biggest Mistake You Can Make Is Not Trying.
Never Let Yesterday's Disappointments Overshadow Tomorrow's Dreams.
The Power To Win Must Come From Within.
Life Is Like A 10 Speed Bicycle: Most Of Us Have Gears We Never Use.
Kindness Costs Nothing
People May Doubt What You Say, But They Will Believe What You Do.
Build Bridges, Not Walls.
Don't Just Do It, Do It Right.

"Our lives are full of surrmountable opportunities"
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

A book is a present you open again and again.

Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.

A school is a building with tomorrow inside.

Books fall open, you fall in.

I like "EVERYBODY IS SOMEBODY AT DAVID HARRISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL."

The Power to Win Comes from Within

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who
hustle.- Abraham Lincoln

A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of
obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human
morality.- John F. Kennedy

The key to happiness is having dreams...The key to success is making
dreams come true.

If one advances confidently in the direction of their dreams, and
endeavors to lead a life which they have imagined, they will meet with a
success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg

Cherish your vision and your dreams as they are the children of your
soul, the blueprint of your ultimate achievements.

A mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions.

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight
of the shore

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Some people dream of success...while others wake up and work hard at it.

You can't reach your goals without occasionally taking some long shots.

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your mind off
your goals. [or fail to focus on your goals]

Opportunity always involves some risk. You can't steal second base and
keep your foot on first.

Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.

The spirit to win and the will to excel is always measured one step at a
time.

To be a winner...all you need to give is all you have.

There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty.

The harder you work, the luckier you get

Without practice, dedication, and a commitment to be your best...you'll
always be skating on thin ice.

Leaders are like eagles; they don't flock; you find them one at a time.

Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The
ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational
objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon
results.

The race for quality has no finish line.

Do not follow where the path may lead...go instead where there is no
path and leave a trail.

Yesterday is but a dream. Tomorrow, a vision of hope. Look to this day
for it is life.

Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success.

If it is to be...it's up to me.

Persistent prevails when all else fails.

Real leaders are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.

Success is a journey, not a destination.

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it; autograph your
work with excellence.

Quality happens only when you care to do your best.

Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon
results.

Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, others wonder
what has happened.

Attitudes are contagious.

The race for quality has no finish line.

Some people dream of success...while others wake up and work hard at it.

Leaders are like eagles. They don't flock. You find them one at a
time.

A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make
the turn.

The difference between a successful person and the others is not a lack
of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.

Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The
ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational
objectibes. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon
results.

Real leaders are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.

Persistence prevails when all else fails.

Cherish today. Yesterday is but a dream. Tomorrow, a vision of hope.
Look to this day for it is life.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was,
the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world
may be different because I was important in the life of a child.

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

In today's world there are two kinds of companies...the quick and the
dead.

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster
than the fastest lion or it will be killed...Every morning a lion wakes
up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to
death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the
sun comes up you'd better be running.

Coming together is a beginning...keeping together is progress...working
together is a success.

Sometimes you must do the thing you cannot do.

To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
list...@listserv.syr.edu In the message write either:
1) SIGNOFF LM_NET or
2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL or
3) SET LM_NET DIGEST
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/

T. K. Cassidy

Jul 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/26/97
to LM_...@listserv.syr.edu

What a great gift to all of us to start the school year! Thanks for asking
the question, Kathy --AND posting the HIT!!! :-)

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Plans are made for the changing :-)
t...@kuentos.guam.net
NOTE NEW SITE::: http://virtualguam.com/BIZ/tkc

Calculated mischief is invigorating ;-)