How to markup software?

Igor

Jun 2, 2011, 8:19:10 PM6/2/11
to Schema.org Discussion
I have several freeware applications on my website, what type should I
use to mark it up? I guess most appropriate type is "Product"?

Richard Tank

Jun 3, 2011, 7:14:43 AM6/3/11
to Schema.org Discussion
Have a look at the extensions mechanism in schema.org.

Basically you can add your own category as a sub category of product

Igor

Jun 3, 2011, 11:54:05 AM6/3/11
to Schema.org Discussion
I added new subcategory of product type, it's called "Software".

Hopefully I used proper syntax. :-)

Andy Mabbett

Jun 3, 2011, 12:51:13 PM6/3/11
to schemaorg-...@googlegroups.com
Are we meant to use the schema.org domain for our own extensions?

The Documentation is unclear.
--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Igor

Jun 4, 2011, 11:58:40 AM6/4/11
to Schema.org Discussion
I'm not sure either. I hope they will add examples on all pages so
it's more clearer.

On Jun 3, 6:51 pm, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> Are we meant to use the schema.org domain for our own extensions?
>
> The Documentation is unclear.

Igor

Jun 9, 2011, 7:59:47 AM6/9/11
to Schema.org Discussion

I just saw that "software programs" are mentioned in Creative Work
http://schema.org/CreativeWork , so I guess I was wrong about marking
it as product. :)