Former Employers

rgladstein

Sep 20, 2011, 3:15:04 PM9/20/11
to Schema.org Discussion
I'm working on my first page using schema.org, so please be gentle...

The page is a personal profile that includes the sort of information
you'd find on a resume, so most of the information is nested in a <div
itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Person"> element.

For their current work information, I'm using itemprops of jobTitle,
worksFor and workLocation, and the latter two itemprops are also
itemtypes of Organization and ContactPoint. My problem is what to do
with previous jobs, as there doesn't appear to be an itemprop of
workedFor in the schema. Can I list them as Organization and
ContactPoint without listing them as properties of the Person the page
is about? In order to do that, would I have to close the Person
element first, and would I be able to reopen it later in the document?
Or am I better off just not assigning any itemprops, itemscopes or
itemtypes to them and just leaving them as text on the page?

Peter Sefton

Oct 2, 2011, 10:17:09 PM10/2/11
to schemaorg-...@googlegroups.com
I don't have a definitive answer for you, but in marking up my resume I decided that a previous job looked like a kind of 'event' - it has a start and end date at least so I extended the Schema.org event type to be http://schema.org/Event/Job.

So you could mark up each job like so:

You can see the example here: http://ptsefton.com/cv

I didn't add these events as itemprop=Job. So the at the moment the page is not actually saying that the jobs are properties of the person, when really they should be.  I'm not sure how to do this when job is not a property of person but jobTitle is.

--

Peter Sefton +61410326955 p...@ptsefton.com http://ptsefton.com
Gmail, Twitter & Skype name: ptsefton