scalate tool - start problems

Marc

Feb 5, 2013, 5:01:57 AM2/5/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have a question concerning the installation of the scalate tool on windows 7.

Following the instruction described on the web site, I downloaded the zip-file, saved and unpacked it and setted the required environment variables.

Everything seems to be fine when I look at the 'command' which is assembled by the start script, located in the bin directory.

But when I try to start scalate it ends up with an error:
Main class org.fusesource.scalate.tool.scalateMain not found or couldn't be loaded.

I have no idea what the error causes - it's driving me to despair...

Can anybody please give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,
best regards
Marc

Stefan Ollinger

Feb 6, 2013, 9:00:21 PM2/6/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marc,

the Scalate distro seems to miss some .jars. This has probably something
to do with the Scala 2.9/2.10 support.
https://github.com/scalate/scalate/blob/scala_2.10/scalate-distro/src/main/descriptors/common-bin.xml#L11-L12
The 2 lines should be instead:

<include>org.fusesource.scalate:scalate-core_2.10</include>
<include>org.fusesource.scalate:scalate-util_2.10</include>

You can download the missing .jars manually. I wrote a small script for it:

cd lib
wget -O scalate-core_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-core_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-core_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-util_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-util_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-util_2.10-1.6.1.jar

cd tool
wget -O scalate-jsp-converter_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-jsp-converter_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-jsp-converter_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-tool_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-tool_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-tool_2.10-1.6.1.jar

cd ../optional
wget -O scalate-camel_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-camel_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-camel_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-guice_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-guice_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-guice_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-markdownj_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-markdownj_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-markdownj_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-page_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-page_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-page_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-spring-mvc_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-spring-mvc_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-spring-mvc_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-test_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-test_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-test_2.10-1.6.1.jar
wget -O scalate-wikitext_2.10-1.6.1.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/fusesource/scalate/scalate-wikitext_2.10/1.6.1/scalate-wikitext_2.10-1.6.1.jar

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Ollinger

Feb 7, 2013, 5:24:51 PM2/7/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com

Marc

Feb 8, 2013, 6:40:47 AM2/8/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan,
thanks a lot for your efforts.

I hope I can now overcome the challenges of an "HelloWorld"-example with Scalate...
Best regards,
Marc

Ali

Mar 3, 2013, 6:33:01 AM3/3/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com

It seems that archetypes are also missing from 1.6.1-2.10. Any idea how to add them?

Thanks,

Christian

Apr 9, 2013, 3:20:14 PM4/9/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
It seems I just had the same problem.

According to this info here, I finally used (had to change scalate-archetype-jersey to scalate-archetype-jersey_2.10):

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.fusesource.scalate.tooling -DarchetypeArtifactId=scalate-archetype-jersey_2.10 -DarchetypeVersion=1.6.1 -DarchetypeRepository=http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/repositories/public -DgroupId=myGroup -DartifactId=myArtifact -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

Hope that helps...