ScalaDays submissions

Paul Butcher

Dec 12, 2011, 1:30:16 PM12/12/11
to scala-user User
I'm looking for some guidance regarding ScalaDays submissions. The Call For Papers implies that only papers are acceptable, but looking at the ScalaDays 2011 website, it appears that a number of the sessions were "pure" presentations (i.e. slides and talk without a supporting paper).

Is that the case? And if so, how might one go about submitting something that doesn't have a supporting paper?

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: pa...@paulbutcher.com
AIM: paulrabutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

√iktor Ҡlang

Dec 12, 2011, 1:38:58 PM12/12/11
to Paul Butcher, scala-user User
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Paul Butcher <pa...@paulbutcher.com> wrote:
I'm looking for some guidance regarding ScalaDays submissions. The Call For Papers implies that only papers are acceptable, but looking at the ScalaDays 2011 website, it appears that a number of the sessions were "pure" presentations (i.e. slides and talk without a supporting paper).

Is that the case? And if so, how might one go about submitting something that doesn't have a supporting paper?

I understand it's confusing, it has been confusing for me as well the past two years.

Firt there's a Call for Papers, and after that there's a Call for Speakers, which is what you'd want to submit to.

Cheers,

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: pa...@paulbutcher.com
AIM: paulrabutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

--
Viktor Klang

Akka Tech Lead
Typesafe - Enterprise-Grade Scala from the Experts

Twitter: @viktorklang

Paul Butcher

Dec 12, 2011, 7:20:36 PM12/12/11
to √iktor Ҡlang, scala-user User
On 12 Dec 2011, at 18:38, √iktor Ҡlang wrote:
> I understand it's confusing, it has been confusing for me as well the past two years.

Thanks, Viktor - glad it's not just me :-)