Possible bug: IDE displays the same error twice, maven only displays it once (as expected)

Alex Black

Nov 8, 2011, 2:17:42 PM11/8/11
to Scala IDE User
The IDE sometimes shows me 2 (or more) copies of each error, compiling
in Maven I see the error just once.

I've got a reproducible example here:

screenshot: http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/fmaabukq/Selection_010.png

The error is the line with l.foo.toString, obviously there is no
method foo on Int. If I remove it, and instead have "l.toString" then
it compiles fine.

class Test {
def competitors(xhtml: NodeSeq): NodeSeq = {
List("foo", "bar") match {
case Nil => Nil
case competitors =>
def bindCompetitors(xhtml: NodeSeq): NodeSeq =
competitors.flatMap { competitor =>
val l: Int = competitor.length

bind("competitor", xhtml,
"link" -> l.foo.toString
)
}

bind("competitors", xhtml,
"list" -> { bindCompetitors(_) }
)
}
}
}

iulian dragos

Nov 8, 2011, 4:05:59 PM11/8/11
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Funny bug. Please file a ticket (BTW, 'bind' is undefined, or I don't know where to import it from..). But I could reproduce it.

iulian
--
« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

Alex Black

Nov 8, 2011, 5:00:28 PM11/8/11
to Scala IDE User
Cool, I filed a ticket here:
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/scala-ide/tickets/1000735-ide-reports-errors-multiple-times

Good call on bind, that is from Lift, I removed it from the example.