Comments from Martin Odersky

Matt Russell

Feb 22, 2011, 3:27:53 AM2/22/11
to Scala IDE Dev
"I just wanted to say that my company Scala Solutions has taken the
over development of the Eclipse IDE for Scala. We should have a first
beta out together with the release of Scala 2.9, in a couple of weeks.
I have personally spent quite a lot of time improving the interface
with the compiler. I have now switched for all of my development work
to our as yet unreleased version of the Scala plugin for Eclipse.
That’s after 20 years of emacs. And I am not looking back."

"The new Eclipse IDE is not yet as feature complete as Java’s, but we
have made great progress in terms of stability and responsiveness in
large projects."

-- http://alarmingdevelopment.org/?p=562#comment-58901