Announcement: Different Date for next month's BASE meeting, and surprise guest: Martin Odersky

Dick Wall

May 13, 2009, 12:34:03 PM5/13/09
to Bay Area Scala Enthusiasts
Hi everyone

We have all got used to the second Tuesday of the month for the BASE
meetings I know, but that will be changing for just the June meeting.
We will instead be meeting on Thursday 4th June, and tentatively the
location will be Twitter HQ again (we will go back to alternating with
Mountain View and the normal date/time for the July meeting).

The reason for the change? Martin Odersky has agreed to join us for an
informal discussion about Scala, where it's going, how we are using
it, hell let's just geek out. As may know, June 2-5th is the JavaOne
conference, so some of us will be in SF anyway. Martin is in town but
is leaving before our regular meeting night, hence the date change.

Now for the cheeky part. We don't normally provide food/beverages at
the BASE meetings, but given the occasion I though it might be nice to
try this time. If there is anyone reading this who thinks their
company might be able to help out with an informal "beer and pizza"
sponsorship for this event, please let me know. Such help would be
gratefully received.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday June 4th.
Time will be confirmed, as well as location, ASAP but I would guess
7pm at TwitterHQ is good to pencil in for now.

Also, a reminder that directly following JavaOne is the Scala LiftOff
event - http://scalaliftoff.com/happening/San+Francisco+California%2C+USA+09;jsessionid=1guc0guub0eck

Dick

andy

May 29, 2009, 11:37:59 AM5/29/09
to Bay Area Scala Enthusiasts
Hi Dick/All

I'm from out-of-town, coming in for JavaOne, and would like to come.
Is this open to anybody?, of so, do we have to sign up etc etc

thanks
andy
> event -http://scalaliftoff.com/happening/San+Francisco+California%2C+USA+09;...
>
> Dick

Dick Wall

May 29, 2009, 12:37:54 PM5/29/09
to Bay Area Scala Enthusiasts
Glad you asked

We will be holding this at Twitter HQ - the official announcement will
be up here and on svscala.ning.com in a few minutes. It is open to
all, space permitting of course. No need to have a J1 pass or anything
to get in. See the announcement for full details.

Cheers

Dick