Session is forgetting?

Mike Hostetler

Mar 6, 2018, 5:42:59 PM3/6/18
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if anyone is still on this list but I'll give it a shot...

I still have a customer on Satchmo (they haven't been willing to pay for a rewrite to something else). Naturally they have had problems with old TLS on their payments provider. I moved them to ActivePython 2.6 and the gunicorn server that comes with it. That has TLS 1.2 and works beautifully.

But one in a while, a customer will look at his cart, hit the checkout button, and step 1 of checkout says "your cart is empty" and it's only obviously not. Restarting gunicorn fixes it.

I looked at the code and it stores the cart in the user session and in step 1 gets it back out. So it seems to lose it.

Anyone see this before (with or without Satchmo)? Is something with gunicorn causing it to fall out?

Mike Hostetler

Mar 8, 2018, 11:51:03 AM3/8/18
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone is following along... it seems like the cart isn't saved in the DB. The ID is in the session  but for some reason isn't saved.  I did put a safeguard around the ID in cache (so cache the cart's ID as well as store it in the session) and that seems to help but not solve the problem.

--
Mike Hostetler
SquarePeg Systems