clonesatchmo windows 7 and invalid skeleton directory

May 21, 2010, 7:16:55 PM5/21/10
to Satchmo users
Good afternoon. I am using windows 7 and python 2.6. I have installed
django
1.1.2 and satchmo in a virtual env. I am able to import django and
import satchmo from a python console.

When I attempt to use clonesatchmo, I get the error "invalid skeleton
directory". Any ideas?

Chris Moffitt

May 21, 2010, 7:49:39 PM5/21/10
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Are you passing the full path to the skeleton directory?

clonesatchmo.py --skel=/path/to/skeleton

-Chris

May 21, 2010, 8:09:54 PM5/21/10
to Satchmo users
Chris,

I have tried a few path variants.... some of which return invalid
skeleton directory
others result in Skeleton dir does not contain localsite subdirectory.

Am I able to use windows paths? such as D:\Storage\WorkingProjects
\satchmo\etc ?
My virtual_env with scripts and lib is D:\Storage\WorkingProjects
\satchmo\

On May 21, 4:49 pm, Chris Moffitt <ch...@moffitts.net> wrote:
> Are you passing the full path to the skeleton directory?
>
> clonesatchmo.py --skel=/path/to/skeleton
>
> -Chris
>

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 6:16 PM, E <elliot.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good afternoon. I am using windows 7 and python 2.6. I have installed
> > django
> > 1.1.2 and satchmo in a virtual env. I am able to import django and
> > import satchmo from a python console.
>
> > When I attempt to use clonesatchmo, I get the error "invalid skeleton
> > directory".  Any ideas?
>
> > --

Chris Moffitt

May 21, 2010, 8:11:56 PM5/21/10
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
It should be something like d:\Storage\WorkingProjects\skeleton

Does that work?

-Chris

May 21, 2010, 9:04:44 PM5/21/10
to Satchmo users
If I use something like that without having created the skeleton dir
first, I get an error: Invalid skeleton directory... If I create the
dir and a localsite subdirectory... then I get settings_content =
open(main_settings_file, 'r').read()
IOError: [Errno 2] no such file or directory: './store\\settings.py'

Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it.
> > <satchmo-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<satchmo-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Chris Moffitt

May 21, 2010, 9:58:44 PM5/21/10
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
The skeleton directory is supposed to be included in your Satchmo install.

See it here on bitbucket -
http://www.bitbucket.org/chris1610/satchmo/src/tip/satchmo/projects/skeleton/

Does that make sense?

-Chris

May 21, 2010, 10:33:36 PM5/21/10
to Satchmo users
It certainly does. That did the trick.... I re-clones the satchmo
install..... and provided the path to the skeleton as you said...
works perfectly.
I futzed up the source directory out of ignorance... not knowing that
the path in question is a source dir... not destination dir. Sheepish
grin here.

Thanks for your time Chris!