Different prices for different groups of users

Alessandro Ronchi

Oct 1, 2009, 3:00:29 AM10/1/09
to Satchmo users
Is it possible to have different prices for different groups of users, or make a module to do that in a easy way?
I need to use fixed prices, not percentage discounts.

--
Alessandro Ronchi

SOASI
Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source
http://www.soasi.com

Chris Moffitt

Oct 1, 2009, 10:02:47 AM10/1/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
You want to use pricing tiers. They are documented here - http://www.satchmoproject.com/docs/svn/pricing.html

-Chris

Bruce Kroeze

Oct 1, 2009, 1:40:11 PM10/1/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
I do this for a couple clients. It isn't "trivial", but it is fairly
straightforward using signals.

First, set up groups.

Second, use satchmo_pricing_query to look for the group and adjust
pricing appropriately.

CAREFUL, do not allow admin users to have the price adjusted, or you
will mess up admin views.
--
Bruce Kroeze
http://www.ecomsmith.com

Alessandro Ronchi

Oct 1, 2009, 6:59:55 PM10/1/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Bruce Kroeze <bkr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do this for a couple clients.  It isn't "trivial", but it is fairly
> straightforward using signals.
>
> First, set up groups.
>
> Second, use satchmo_pricing_query to look for the group and adjust
> pricing appropriately.
>
> CAREFUL, do not allow admin users to have the price adjusted, or you
> will mess up admin views.

What's the difference between this solution and pricing tiers?

Bruce Kroeze

Oct 1, 2009, 7:51:21 PM10/1/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Alessandro Ronchi
<alessand...@soasi.com> wrote:
>> I do this for a couple clients.  It isn't "trivial", but it is fairly
>> straightforward using signals.
>>
>> First, set up groups.
>>
>> Second, use satchmo_pricing_query to look for the group and adjust
>> pricing appropriately.
>>
>> CAREFUL, do not allow admin users to have the price adjusted, or you
>> will mess up admin views.
>
> What's the difference between this solution and pricing tiers?

Pricing tiers are nice (I hope, I wrote 'em), but they don't let you
specify a discount percent, just an exact price. I was talking about
a method to set the exact discount. That's the only real difference.
Now that I think about it, that's probably a nice enhancement.

Alessandro Ronchi

Oct 2, 2009, 1:40:10 AM10/2/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Bruce Kroeze <bkr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pricing tiers are nice (I hope, I wrote 'em), but they don't let you
> specify a discount percent, just an exact price.  I was talking about
> a method to set the exact discount.  That's the only real difference.
> Now that I think about it, that's probably a nice enhancement.

I need the exact price, so I think pricing tiers does satisfies my needs.

Thanks!

Alessandro Ronchi

Dec 3, 2009, 1:23:46 PM12/3/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 6:40 AM, Alessandro Ronchi
<alessand...@soasi.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Bruce Kroeze <bkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Pricing tiers are nice (I hope, I wrote 'em), but they don't let you
>> specify a discount percent, just an exact price.  I was talking about
>> a method to set the exact discount.  That's the only real difference.
>> Now that I think about it, that's probably a nice enhancement.
>
> I need the exact price, so I think pricing tiers does satisfies my needs.
>
> Thanks!

I've tried tiered pricing in my 0.8.1 but it doesn't change the price
for the user (admin) in the product page and in the checkout process.
what can I check to see if it works?

I've two standard prices for my products too.

--
Alessandro Ronchi

http://www.soasi.com
SOASI - Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source

http://hobbygiochi.com
Hobby & Giochi, l'e-commerce del divertimento

Bruce Kroeze

Dec 3, 2009, 1:41:50 PM12/3/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
IIRC, the tiered price *should not* apply to admin. Otherwise it could affect the prices you see in the admin pages.

Make a user of the appropriate group, login and see if the prices are right.

Alessandro Ronchi

Dec 3, 2009, 2:59:26 PM12/3/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Bruce Kroeze <bkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IIRC, the tiered price *should not* apply to admin. Otherwise it could
> affect the prices you see in the admin pages.
> Make a user of the appropriate group, login and see if the prices are right.

I've tried, it doesn't work.
Where do the tiered prices should appear? In product or cart?