bad settings.LANGUAGE_CODE

CarlFK

Dec 25, 2007, 4:13:18 PM12/25/07
to Satchmo users
trying to get the satchmo demo running, installed all the pre-recs,
installed svn of django and satchmo, ./manage.py runserver... hit
http://localhost/shop
got the

carl@asus17:~/temp/satchmo/satchmo$ ./manage.py runserver
Validating models...
0 errors found

Django version 0.97-pre-SVN-6977, using settings 'satchmo.settings'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.
Warning: default product image not found - try syncdb

so guessing something might be wrong, but clicked on
http://127.0.0.1:8000/shop/product/PY-Rocks/

and got a real error:
ImproperlyConfigured at /shop/product/PY-Rocks/
bad settings.LANGUAGE_CODE

looking in settings.py: LANGUAGE_CODE = 'en-us' (the default)

it came from:

{{ product.unit_price|currency }}

Bruce Kroeze

Dec 25, 2007, 4:38:01 PM12/25/07
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at bug #225 and see if that helps you:

http://www.satchmoproject.com/trac/ticket/225

CarlFK

Dec 25, 2007, 7:01:17 PM12/25/07
to Satchmo users
yep.

after digging, this is what I found to fix it:

carl@asus17:~/satchmo$ sudo locale-gen en_US
[sudo] password for carl:
Generating locales...
en_US.ISO-8859-1... done
Generation complete.

Thanks

Carl K

Song.qk

Jan 9, 2008, 4:03:09 AM1/9/08
to Satchmo users
There is the same problem under windows XP. Impossible to display a
product page with or without the demo store.
Is there a similar way to solve this problem?

Bruce Kroeze

Jan 9, 2008, 2:00:25 PM1/9/08
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
If you find out, please let us know and we'll put it on the Wiki.  I've been Windows-free professionally for almost ten years now, so I'm no help. :)

Song.qk

Jan 10, 2008, 1:03:22 AM1/10/08
to Satchmo users
;) ... I did not want to ask if I should better migrate to a *nix
plateform, because it would have been out of the subject...but that's
what I am in the process of...so I won't be keeping playing the
troublemaker with the windows platform :p. I am migrating to FreeBSD
7.0 (currently testing with RC1.).