templatetags and comment_utils

Jeff Anderson

Jun 24, 2008, 11:26:49 AM6/24/08
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm using the svn version of pretty much everything that satchmo
requires, including satchmo itself.

When I try to view a product, I get a traceback:

'comment_utils' is not a valid tag library: Could not load template
library from django.templatetags.comment_utils, No module named
comment_utils

I do have comment_utils on my pythonpath, and in my installed_apps. I'm
at a loss. I couldn't find much of an answer to this particular problem
in my searching.

Any help is welcome!

Jeff Anderson

signature.asc

James Bennett

Jun 25, 2008, 12:35:07 AM6/25/08
to Satchmo users
On Jun 24, 10:26 am, Jeff Anderson <jeffe...@programmerq.net> wrote:
> When I try to view a product, I get a traceback:
>
>     'comment_utils' is not a valid tag library: Could not load template
>     library from django.templatetags.comment_utils, No module named
>     comment_utils
>
> I do have comment_utils on my pythonpath, and in my installed_apps. I'm
> at a loss. I couldn't find much of an answer to this particular problem
> in my searching.

You most likely installed a very recent SVN checkout of comment_utils,
where that tag library has been renamed to avoid an import conflict:

http://code.google.com/p/django-comment-utils/source/detail?r=87

Jeff Anderson

Jun 25, 2008, 1:19:51 AM6/25/08
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
James Bennett wrote:

> You most likely installed a very recent SVN checkout of comment_utils,
> where that tag library has been renamed to avoid an import conflict:

Yes, this was the case. I realized this and have already checked out the
proper revision of comment_utils.

Thank you for the response!

Jeff Anderson

signature.asc