Django HEAD and Satchmo - a few conflicts

1 view

Bruce Kroeze

Sep 16, 2007, 12:17:31 AM9/16/07
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
After updating Django this afternoon with all the changes from the big sprint yesterday, I'm running into only one real problem.

It seems that they have changed the templatetag loader.  It doesn't work anymore to put in " satchmo.currency_filter."

So, I am considering mass changing all templates to remove the "satchmo." part.  The problem is that some of the tags are possibly better renamed to "satchmo_xxx"

For now, I suggest just the simple removal of the satchmo. prefix, but to prevent clashing, we should consider renaming some of the more generic ones.

If I don't hear differently by tomorrow afternoon, and assuming my testing works out, I'll commit that change to the templates.

John Shaffer

Sep 16, 2007, 2:46:03 AM9/16/07
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
We should definitely rename them. We can either rename them to, for
example, satchmo_google or we can continue to reference satchmo.google
and move them under templatetags/satchmo/. This is #155:
http://www.satchmoproject.com/trac/ticket/155

There's also a change in Django's redirection behavior (it includes
the protocol and domain name now) which causes our assertRedirects
tests to fail. I haven't noticed any other breakage.

Bruce Kroeze

Sep 16, 2007, 1:18:48 PM9/16/07
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
OK, I'll rename them all to satchmo_xxx

I prefer that to forcing a subdirectory, which feels like a hack.

Chris Moffitt

Sep 16, 2007, 1:45:03 PM9/16/07
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
FWIW- I agree with this approach.