Re: Payment Order Authorization - Calling the capture_authorized_payment method

Benoit

Aug 19, 2010, 11:25:57 AM8/19/10
to Satchmo developers
Ok, I just figured that the authorization.complete is set to True once a payment has been recorded.

So I am assuming that all I have to do is to implement a system to set orders' statuses that are ready to ship to "Shipped"?

Benoit Clennett-Sirois

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Ben <benoit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

I am working on a payment module. My requirements are that a payment
"pre-auth" request is sent to the payment gateway, reserving funds on
the buyer's account, then once the order is ready to be shipped, a
"authorized payment complete" request is sent, transferring the funds
only at that moment.

So I have gotten to the point where when an Order is processed, the
PaymentProcessor's authorize_payment method is called, funds are
reserved on the payment gateway and a transaction identifier is saved
in the order.authorization's "transaction_id", that will be used to
complete the transaction.

I understand that if I switch the order status to "Shipped", the
capture_authorized_payment method will be called and I can send a
request to the payment gateway to transfer the fund.

My question is, what is the best way to set the order status to
"Shipped"? Is this an unimplemented feature?
In addition, I noticed that a OrderAuthorization model in
satchmo_store.shop has a "complete" field. It doesn't seem to do
anything. Is this supposed to be the trigger to try to complete a pre-
authorized payment? What is the OrderPayment complete field supposed
to do?

Kind regards,
Ben

Ben

Aug 19, 2010, 11:14:40 AM8/19/10
to Satchmo developers

Bruce Kroeze

Aug 20, 2010, 12:26:34 AM8/20/10
to satchmo-d...@googlegroups.com
Yup, usually the status is set by the store admins, which then captures the payment.

Bruce Kroeze
http://www.ecomsmith.com
It's time to hammer your site into shape.