Stack Exchange Q&A site proposal: Sanskrit & Pali Languages

vishvAs vAsuki

Nov 21, 2011, 9:02:09 PM11/21/11
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com, ut-samskritam, ahtccsamskrit1, nandU abhya~Nkara
Hi!

1. Personal message: Anyone who has ever programmed for a significant time knows about the usefulness of stackexchange in getting questions answered reliably (and without nonsense) by a community of users. Please join and "follow" it so that we may one day have a stackexchange for sanskrit and pali; and please forward this request to interested contacts. I often have the urge to ask Sanskrit questions, so such a site would definitely help those like me.

2. Generic message:

I'm supporting a proposal to create a new Q&A website for Sanskrit & Pali scholars, Indologists, and linguists interested in Indic languages and texts.

It's built on the same software as stackoverflow.com, a hugely popular site where over seven million programmers help each other with difficult programming problems. On Stack Overflow the audience votes for the best answer, so the answer you want is usually right at the top, not on page five.

I'm hoping that a site for Sanskrit & Pali scholars, Indologists, and linguists interested in Indic languages and texts would have the same kind of network effect and turn into an amazing resource.

The proposal process is going on here:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/36197/sanskrit-pali-languages?referrer=-HSboa5YP-hgY2ZyB7-nGg2

If you're interested in participating, go to that URL and click on the orange "Follow It!" button.

Thanks!

Vasu Srinivasan

Nov 21, 2011, 10:03:08 PM11/21/11
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com, saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH, ut-samskritam, ahtccsamskrit1, nandU abhya~Nkara
Great idea. following now.
--
Regards,
Vasu Srinivasan

Lokesh Sharma

Jul 31, 2019, 9:15:12 AM7/31/19
to sanskrit-programmers
I have created such a site http://samskrit.ga , you can login through Gmail. Login through email isn't working yet. I'm figuring it out. I just created it today so there are not many posts.

Lokesh Sharma

Jul 31, 2019, 9:03:52 PM7/31/19
to sanskrit-programmers
I need some help. Currently I have the website hosted on AWS which is free for 12 months. I am going to use AWS to send emails which provide 62,000 emails for free every month which I think is sufficient for our purpose. Only problem is that I don't have a good domain for website. I currently have used sanskrit.ga which is free for only 3 months. If you already have a domain then let me know. We can use a subdomain like forum.domain.com. Your website on domain.com would still work.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019, 6:45 PM Lokesh Sharma <lokeshh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have created such a site http://samskrit.ga , you can login through Gmail. Login through email isn't working yet. I'm figuring it out. I just created it today so there are not many posts.

Lokesh Sharma

Aug 3, 2019, 2:30:40 AM8/3/19
to sanskrit-programmers
I have bought a new domain. Kindly use samskritforums.co instead of samskrit.ga from now on. I will be setting the email service now after which the website will be ready to use.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Aug 3, 2019, 5:28:36 AM8/3/19
to sanskrit-programmers
नमस्कारा लोकेश।

Nice work!

- where can we look at the source code?
- what are your plans for data backup and archiving? Often sites come and go, taking away valuable user-generated content to oblivion.

(PS: Google sign up is not working.)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sanskrit-programmers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sanskrit-programmers/CA%2BksRZdpKFO3OfbHx-Z_0_sEzLq%3DW6k218hw_eq-5C%2BgyErw3A%40mail.gmail.com.

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Lokesh Sharma

Aug 3, 2019, 6:26:32 AM8/3/19
to sanskrit-programmers
नमो नमः विश्वासः

- where can we look at the source code?

 - what are your plans for data backup and archiving?

It provides that feature. With a given backup we can also restore it with ease. See below

image.png

The Google Login issue has been fixed. It was caused due to change of domain. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards
Lokesh