Re: spell checker

vishvAs vAsuki

Sep 22, 2011, 11:28:25 AM9/22/11
to amba kulkarni, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
नमस्ते अम्बावर्ये!

अत्युत्तमं - उपयोग-यत्नं सफलं अभूत्! अभिवृद्ध्यै एतत् कर्तुं शक्यते -

१. It would have been good if there were the option to copy paste text directly rather than having to upload a file - it would have been useful for detecting errors while writing emails!

२. If your tools had a web-api, it would facilitate writing tools (browser extensions and greasemonkey scripts) which build on this to provide these services while browsing some other page, without having to fill in forms on the website. (Eg: Imagine reading an email in gmail, selecting a passage, right clicking on it to check correctness of spelling!)

This is very simple to provide, it does not require much extra effort on your part: basically it should accept a http request, pass it on to the appropriate tool, return output in JSON or XML format (the former is better), rather than as a webpage.

--
कृतज्ञतया सह,
vishvAs

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 08:21, amba kulkarni <ambap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Vishvas,

I have a morphological analyser for Sanskrit ready, and I thought I should provide a spell checker, though in rudimentary form, to start with.

I have a preliminary version ready at http://sanskrit.uohyd.ernet.in/scl/spell_checker/
I would like to have your suggestions.

With regards,
Amba Kulakrni

--
आ नो भद्रा: क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वत: ll
Let noble thoughts come to us from every side.

(91) 040 23133802(off)