Feedback required for first session, Amarakosha Group

Aditya B.S.A

Feb 9, 2012, 10:49:20 AM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
नमो नमः

I hope whoever logged in was able to hear and repeat along. I definitely didn't expect to be broadcasting with video but when I logged in half an hour before and checked with a friend the audio only broadcast option didn't seem to work (though it had worked on previous occasion), so I had no choice. I will try to figure out how to make it audio only.

In the meantime, any feedback from those who were in the session would be appreciated. We've hit the ground running, and let's keep up the momentum.

I was a little rusty with my Sanskrit and was kinda jittery because I was looking at many things at once, though I'm sure that as the classes go on we'll get more comfortable.

Whatever you have to say, good, bad, or ugly, please say it here. Remember, this week, we have 20 shlokas to learn.

Regards,

आदित्यः

p.s - I just made the video available to the crowd on the ustream page. Those who missed the live session can go check it out there.

--

अभिनिवेशवशीकृतचेतसां बहुविदामपि सम्भवति भ्रमः।
तदिह भागवतं गतमत्सरा मतमिदं विमृशन्तु विपश्चितः॥

SriKanth!

Feb 9, 2012, 12:10:13 PM2/9/12
to samskrita
Dear Aditya mahodaya,

I missed the timing by an hour but thanks to the technology, I could
see the archived video. The first session was wonderful. Perfect
timing in reciting the shlokas. I felt, without the book, if I just
listen and recite with you, it was easier.

Tomorrow I will join at the right time.

dhanyavada
Srikanth.

usha vasu

Feb 9, 2012, 1:15:53 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aditya,
I saw the video now as I could not log in at the stipulated time. I was happy as it is so easy to learn as we repeat after hearing a short sentence. I really appreciate your effort and my congratulations to you.
Regards,
Usha Vasu

Aditya B.S.A

Feb 9, 2012, 2:11:46 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
नमो नमः

Thanks a lot Usha, and Srikanth, for the encouragement. Your involvement in the effort is paramount to keeping it going so that we can all learn together.

Maybe to make things more interactive, we could have a new person doing the broadcast every month. What do you think about that?

Regards,

BSA Aditya.

Sita Raama

Feb 9, 2012, 3:10:33 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Aditya,
I would like to join as well. I joined this group today.

Thanks
Raama

Sita Raama

Feb 9, 2012, 3:20:17 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Aditya,
Sorry just realized that its 8:30 to 9 PM IST, i live in EST timezone that would mean 7 Am in the winter time and 6 Am in the summer time.
Thats the time when I drive to work. Sorry could not join the course. However I look forward for MP3 recording.
may god bless you

Raama

Vimala Sarma

Feb 9, 2012, 8:17:12 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

The timing is not great for me either.  We are five hours ahed so it will be about 1AM in Sydney.

Please send me the video link.

Thank you

Vimala

Aditya B.S.A

Feb 9, 2012, 10:33:47 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
नमो नमः

Vimala bhagini and others who want to check out the video can go to  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20326453. You need to be logged in and part of the 'Amarakosha Group' crowd.

Twenty shlokas seem to be a very ideal module for each day's half hour session because we finished just in time yesterday. We will keep it going at the same pace.

Regards,

आदित्यः

Dipak Ashar

Feb 9, 2012, 11:28:28 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Adityaji ,

It was a good experience. The voice quality was quite good , while the video was not so very good . Perhaps that is not required as well , as long as we can clearly hear the words , that were very well pronounced . Thanks a lot for the same .

Is there any book where the explanation of the shlokas is available , so that it helps in clearing the doubt with the meanings

Secondly , it is good to know that , each session , will be available in the archive also , since , I may not be able to join today during 8.30 p m to 9 , so I can watch it tomorrow ?

Thanks a lot for your efforts

regards

Dipak ashar

usha vasu

Feb 9, 2012, 11:54:47 PM2/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aditya,
I would prefer to have the same person and the same voice to broadcast every month. When we are learning 'Gurumukhena', it is better to have one 'Guru'.
Regards,
Usha Vasu

Jaideep Joshi

Feb 10, 2012, 1:01:16 AM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aditya Mahodaya,

I had been away for the past month.. Only today i noticed the mails regarding this study group. Something like this was exactly what I was looking for, and had made such a request to the group also, a few months back! I listened to the recorded video of the first session today.

I have subscribed to the channel, but I may not be able to make it for every session since several times I work in field and dont have internet access at the stipulated time. Still, I shall try to make it as far as possible. Thank you so much for uploading the videos.

The recording voice quality is very good. The mp3 of the original recording is also very nice.

praNAm,
Jaideep

Aditya B.S.A

Feb 10, 2012, 1:22:07 AM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
नमो नमः

Dear Dipak,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad the audio was clear. I think I should be able to broadcast audio only today.

Regards,

आदित्यः

Aditya B.S.A

Feb 10, 2012, 1:26:33 AM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
नमो नमः

If anyone who's attending today's session could come online on gmail or gtalk and confirm, a minute or so before we start, that the audio can be heard clearly, it would be of help.

Regards,

आदित्यः

Subramanya Uchangi Hiriyannaiah

Feb 10, 2012, 5:05:07 AM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aditya,
I missed last class but I was able to listen to the same today by logging in. Will you clarify whether you are explaining the meanings of the words that appear in the Shlokas? or Is it the prime aim to by heart the whole lexicon first?

--
Warm regards

U H Subramanya
सुब्रह्मण्यः यु हेच्
ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ ಯು ಹೆಚ್

080-23284740, 9341323940, 9986031949
#39, 11th Cross, I Main, Prashanthanagar, Bengaluru 560079.

Visit http://www.satchidanandendra.org for e-Study of Brahma Sutra Shankara Bhashya.
http://www.adhyatmaprakasha.org/ for  on line reading of all books of Sri Satchidanandendrasaraswati of Holenarasipur.

Aditya B.S.A

Feb 10, 2012, 7:44:32 AM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
नमो नमः

Dear Subramanya,

The primary intention is to memorize the shlokas.

Subsequently, with every module of 20 shlokas learnt, there will be a session where the words are listed separately along with the corresponding linga of each. I'm not sure of the extent to which etymology is important from an applicability perspective. Since I'm a beginner myself, I don't have the expertise required to elucidate the etymology in detail.

However, reading the vyaakhyaa throws up some very interesting points that can make the words stick in your head, like for example, for the word त्रिदशाः -

image.png

However, deriving the word, pratyayas, samasas, et al, is an exercise in itself, which could be undertaken by individuals depending on their level of interest. For now, I will try to glean sentences like the above from a quick reading of the vyaakhyaa and share it with the group.

If anyone is interested in sharing their knowledge about the vyutpatti of the padas and can spare time over weekends or something, that would be great.

Regards,

BSA Aditya.

image.png

Venkata Subbaiah Bathula

Feb 10, 2012, 9:04:18 AM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aditya,

I also couldn't join, because of time zone differences.. But, I followed video archive.. It's very nice.. Thanks again for your efforts, in this initiation..

By the way, can you also share the mp3 of other varga's? I've put these files in my mobile, and listening it frequently.. So, having other varga-mp3's will be good. Thank you.

Subbaiah
धर्म एव हतो हन्ति धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः ।

Shobha Saraiya

Feb 10, 2012, 12:25:57 PM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com, Aditya B. S. A
namaste  Aditya mahodaya,

Sorry could not join live but listened to the video with me
reading from the pdf .
I could here the sound clearly.

dhanyavaadaH !!
Hari Om
shobhA

Shobha Saraiya
email:shob...@yahoo.com

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not
be endured and endure what cannot be cured"
~B.K.S. Iyengar

Feb 10, 2012, 6:37:56 PM2/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste AdityaH
can you please send me the link to amarakosha, i remember seeing the link somwhere in the mails however could not find it.
I would appreciate your help

Raama

सुलभाः पुरुषा राजन् सततम् प्रिय वादिनः | \\

अप्रियस्य च पथ्यस्य वक्ता श्रोता च दुर्लभः || Ramayanam || ३-३७-२ ||  & || ६-१६-२१ ||