Meaning of a Sloka

Malolan Cadambi

Jan 1, 2012, 3:54:29 AM1/1/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to know the translation and context in which the following sloka occurs:

योगीन्द्राणां त्वदङ्गेष्वधिकसुमधुरं मुक्तिभाजां निवासो।
भक्तानां कामवर्षद्युतरुकिसलयम् नाथ ते पादमूलं॥
नित्यं चित्तस्थितं मे पवनपुरपते कृष्ण कारुण्यसिन्धो।
हृत्वा निःशेषतापान् प्रदिशतु परमानन्दसन्दोहलक्ष्मीं॥

Regards,

Malolan Cadambi,
Bangalore.

Ajit Krishnan

Jan 1, 2012, 9:20:09 PM1/1/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
namaste,

This is the penultimate shloka from the narayaniyam (100.10). There are several translations available online.

sasneham,

   ajit

2012/1/1 Malolan Cadambi <crm...@gmail.com>

Malolan Cadambi,
Bangalore.

Vimala Sarma

Jan 1, 2012, 11:24:49 PM1/1/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

Malolan Mahodaya

My attempt at translation is below:

O Lord! Of all thy parts,  thy feet are the most sweet abode of salvation of the great yogins.

It is the wish-filling tree of devotees.   O you Lord! May your feet be forever be stationed in my heart (or mind),

Pure Man! Krishna!  Ocean of compassion!

Having taken my sufferings, direct me to obtaining fortune and supreme bliss.

Vimala