Unique 8-day Sanskrit workshop in Mumbai

uday

May 22, 2012, 8:21:56 AM5/22/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

Invitation to take part in a unique 8-day intensive course on Sanskrit.

Course Title: Spandana: Feeling the Pulsation of a Divine Language

Dates: 8 days : June 9th (Sat) to 15th (Fri), 2012

Venue: Ramakrishna Mission, Khar, Mumbai

Last date for Registration: 30th May 2012 (next Wed)

Workshop size : At most 30 participants

How is this course different from every other Sanskrit workshop?

The content & format are unlike any other introduction to this “language of the Gods”.

Please see the attached flyer, page 3 & decide for yourselves.

Course Facilitator: Dr. Sampadananda Mishra

Director, Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture (SAFIC)

Dr. Mishra, is an outstanding Sanskrit scholar, having received

from the President of India, the 'Maharshi Badrayana Vyas Samman 2011'.

He has authored several original books and papers on Sanskrit, and given

talks in New York and other parts of the world. A brief bio can be seen here.

Most importantly, his workshops have received excellent feedback.

This is the first time the workshop is being conducted outside of Pondicherry.

Please see if this is something that may interest you.

How to Register :

1.      Read the full Invitation

2.      Send an email indicating interest.

3.      Fill out this form & email it back.

See what others have said about the course :

(Feedback from previous participants)

2012 – January (end of page 2)

2011 – June

2011 – January (page 3 onward)

"It was a great experience. The sessions were really intense and organised. This workshop would definitely help me to explore Sanskrit literature further…I highly appreciate the research work Dr. Mishra has done for this workshop and the learning material he has prepared for participants…"

- Sachin Gupta  (June '11 participant)

"I must say, as hard as it is to find a good teacher, it is harder to leave once you have found one. For years I had been searching for a true and devoted Sanskrit guru and now I am glad that I have found one in Sampad. One could feel his passion for this beautiful, ancient language. Ancient it may be but archaic it is certainly not. Given time, I am sure I could be proficient in Sanskrit under the guidance of Sampad..."

 - Roslee, Malaysia (Jan '12 participant)

Last date for Registration: 30th May 2012 (next Wed)

If you think this may be of interest to someone else, please forward it along as you see fit.

Shubhamastu,

Uday

Sanskrit_course_Invitation_Mumbai_June-2012.pdf