Request for meaning of this veda passage

K.N.RAMESH

Jan 30, 2012, 4:59:01 AM1/30/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Request members to help with the meaning of this mantra in Taitriya smahita of Krishna Yajur veda for the moola part ie., 1.0 in the attachment named Sanskrit.pdf
Dhanyavaadah
knr
grantham.pdf
tamiz.pdf
Sanskrit.pdf

Ajit Krishnan

Jan 30, 2012, 8:57:40 AM1/30/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
namaste,

The portion basically amounts to "May the devas be pleased with my previous prayer, and grant me favour".

A quick search shows this to be section 1.1.13.3 from the taittiriya samhita. A translation is available from  http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/yv/yv01.htm. Searching for "Accepting this supplication" will get you to the right spot.

This kind of translation / commentary is totally useless as an end-product, but can be quite useful as a catalyst to understand the text.

Incidentally, the first part of this anuvaka, which precedes your quote ("vAjasya mA ... prajAm yoniM mA nirmRkSham") is quite interesting.

sasneham,

   ajit