Re: [Samskrita] Digest for samskrita@googlegroups.com - 25 Messages in 6 Topics

Ashish Barot

Feb 11, 2012, 12:19:30 AM2/11/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I think Joomala software will help to create website in sanskrit.
It is open source, you don't need to pay for it.
Just have to configure and create pages, as per your choice.

Hope this will help you to create website.

Regards,
Ashish Barot.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM, <sams...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/samskrita/topics

    Viswanath B <vegav...@gmail.com> Feb 10 10:37AM +0530

    Dear Rama,

    Kudos to a great idea. Since the volume of the work is not small, any
    attempt to do in HTML directly would be error prone and very tough. I
    suggest the following -

    1. Create a HTML template for a shloka - like the picture you have shared.
    templatize this using xml or equivalent. The idea is that the raw content
    typed into an xml file (or others) can be auto converted in to webpages
    with all the formatting.

    2. Create / Use a UI application for typing in the content, which can take
    the user input and convert to the intermediate form, the xml file.

    This way, we end up spending some time upfront on the templates, but will
    spend almost zero time on the actual webpages, look and feel, and
    consistency.

    Hope this helps, Let me know if I have not understood you correctly,

    Thanks
    Viswanath

    "Hnbhat B.R." <hnbh...@gmail.com> Feb 10 06:43PM +0530

    Welcome to the creation of a new website dedicated to ValmikiRamayana. A
    Similiar one with audio, commentaries and translation, original text is
    already in progress for long:(some commentaries are already have completed
    data for whole kaanda-s only one or two are remaining to be completed.)

    Valmiki Ramayan -
    INTRODUCTION<http://valmiki.iitk.ac.in/index.php?id=introduction>

    Another one with translation, word by word anvaya etc. is also available
    online:

    http://valmikiramayan.net/bala_kanda_contents.html

    Congratulations for the third or many be some more I had not noticed during
    my search.

    Best wishes

    --
    *Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
    **Research Scholar,

    Sita Raama <raam...@gmail.com> Feb 10 07:04PM -0500

    Dr. Hari,
    Thanks for sharing, IITK has really done a great job of putting all these
    commentaries at one place.
    I guess now I can let go this idea and focus on Sanskritam Learning.

    Thanks
    Raama

    --

    सुलभाः पुरुषा राजन् सततम् प्रिय वादिनः | \\

    अप्रियस्य च पथ्यस्य वक्ता श्रोता च दुर्लभः || Ramayanam || ३-३७-२ || & ||
    ६-१६-२१ ||

    Upendra Watwe <upendr...@gmail.com> Feb 10 09:52PM -0500

    Hello All,
    I would like it if the community can create some archive out in the open
    internet rather than under IIT to hold such a valuable research/
    presentation.
    I seriously doubt if we can leave it to the decisions of the govts.who may
    suddenly decide that this is talking about hindu religious figures and cut
    the grant(if this is under a grant) or simply close it off.
    Upendra

    --
    warm regards
    Upendra Watwe

 PhD
    Muskan <muskan...@gmail.com> Feb 10 11:43AM -0600

    Congrats, Dr Anil!!!!
    Regards and best wishes

    Enviado desde mi iPod

    Dipak Ashar <asha...@gmail.com> Feb 10 11:28PM +0530

    Dear Dr Anil Kumar , Congratulations . Can u tell us where is your thesis
    available , in case we want to read it

    Regards

    Dipak ashar
    asha...@gmail.com

    Anilkumar Veppatangudi <veppat...@gmail.com> Feb 11 04:50AM +0530

    Thanks for all the good wishes.I will be in a position to send the thesis
    by e-mail after getting the official letter of approval from the University
    of Madras.
    Regards,
    Anil Kumar

    --
    V.R.Anil Kumar
    http://www.kalpaheritage.com

    K Seshachalam <ksesha...@gmail.com> Feb 10 09:00PM -0500

    Congratulations Dr. Anil Kumar.

    On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Anilkumar Veppatangudi <

    Rajagopalan Ayilam <ayil...@gmail.com> Feb 11 08:08AM +0530

    Congratulations.

    Rajagopalan

    --