Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Hnbhat B.R.

не прочитано,
4 січ. 2012 р., 06:45:4104.01.12
Кому: Vimala Sarma, sams...@googlegroups.com
Conspicuously Krishna, is omitted from the list of avatara-s and who is considered as the "avatarin" like others. The list is completed with Balarama and Buddha as 8th and 9th respectively making the total of 10 avatara-s list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SAS Sarma <sass...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Samskrita] Re: Buddha incarnation of - Lord Vishnu - Pallava Inscription
To: "Hnbhat B.R." <hnbh...@gmail.com>
Cc: vsa...@bigpond.com

Here is the inf. regarding the inscription you mentioned:

``List of the avataaraas of Vi.s.nu on the portal of the niche to the
right of the cella in the
Aadivaraaha cave, Mahaabalipuram.

No Internal date, From the period of Mahendra I (ca. 590-630)?

1 line : Sanskrit Grantha Script: Prose

See ARE 1922.663;
ARE 1923, p. 45 and 94.
H. K Sastri (1926, p. 5-7)
V. V. Ayyar (1943) = SII XII.116, p. 55
Nagaswamy (1962);
K. R. Srinivasan (1964, p. 173).

mastya.h kuurmo varaaha"sca naarasi.mha"sca vaamana.h
raamo raama"sca raama"sca buddha.h kalkii ca te da"sa''

[The above is provided in our 2011 bhaktiworkshop manual, p. 26]

Yours,
SAS Sarma

--
Dr. S. A. S. Sarma
Research Scholar

--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,
Ecole française d'Extrême-OrientCentre de Pondichéry
16 & 19, Rue Dumas
Pondichéry - 605 001

Hnbhat B.R.

не прочитано,
4 січ. 2012 р., 06:47:3504.01.12
Кому: Vimala Sarma, sams...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Hnbhat B.R. <hnbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Conspicuously Krishna, is omitted from the list of avatara-s and who is considered as the "avatarin" like others. The list is completed with Balarama and Buddha as 8th and 9th respectively making the total of 10 avatara-s list.

मस्त्यः कूर्मो वराहश्च नारसिंहश्च वामनः
रामो रामश्च रामश्च बुद्धः कल्की च ते दश॥

ajit Gargeshwari

не прочитано,
5 січ. 2012 р., 08:59:0505.01.12
Кому: sams...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here is The inscription Dr. Bhat was referring to
The beginning of Buddha's inclusion in the list 10 avataaras must be assigned to a date earlier than eighth century. Jayadeva sings in praise of Krishna who is Vishnu himself, and of his ten avataaras, biz. Fish. Raama, Haladhara, Buddha and Kalki. The same names are found in a well known puranic verse enumerating the ten avataaras,which is quoted in a Mamallapuram inscription(
Please refer to MASI No 26, p5: ) inscription of about eighth century A.D.

 MASI memoirs archaeological survey of India

MASI can be downloaded from

http://www.ignca.nic.in/asp/searchBooks.asp

or Digital library of India
Regards