Links to Sanskrit resources

Sunder Hattangadi

Jul 25, 2012, 5:50:19 PM7/25/12
to samskrita
In case some new members/readers have misseda visit to this site -

Links to Sanskrit resources:

Regards,

sunder

amba kulkarni

Jul 26, 2012, 7:31:07 AM7/26/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com, sun...@yahoo.com

    Hello Sunder,

    This is a mirror of the Heritage site at http://sanskrit.inria.fr

    So for the latest updates I would advise you to  visit the original site: http://sanskrit.inria.fr/portal.html

    Thanks and regards,
    Amba Kulkarni

    Hnbhat B.R.

    Jul 28, 2012, 9:50:12 PM7/28/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com

    On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Subhash <subh...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Is there a way by which, any verb form can be looked up to find
    a) the root (dhatu)
    b) weather it goes by aatmane pada or parasmai pada ?
    c) which gaNa does it belong to?

    I do not understand you intention. If you get a form, you can analyze the root and gana with this link:

    to get the details you required as below for the form you mentioned.

    आशास्महे
    आशास्महे=आङ्_शास्1{कर्तरि;लट्;उ;बहु;आत्मनेपदी;शासुँ;अदादिः}

    Or the reverse, if you know the root, you can get the required form from this site:

    but without prefixes. You have to add it.

    आङ: शासु इच्छायाम्। आशास्ते। आयुराशास्ते। आशासाते।

    If you know how to conjugate, you can use this site through the index, the root you want and navigate to the page:

    you can find the relevant page for the verb you asked for

    with important forms given.

    --
    Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
    Research Scholar,

    vishal jaiswal

    Jul 30, 2012, 11:30:34 AM7/30/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com
    I would like to have a text or pdf document of all the ashtadhyayi
    sutras in sequential order. I tried searching online, but usually the
    sutras are with explanations.
    I just wanted the sutras as a reference in an ordered list.
    No english transliteration, just the Devanagari script please.
    Something like this,
    1.1.1 <sutra text>
    1.1.2 <sutra text>
    1.2.1<sutra text>
    2.1.1<sutra text>
    until the end of the 8th.

    By the way, sanskrit text does not display many conjuncts in the kindle.
    It is always with the halanths for the half consonant. Can this be
    fixed? Or the only option is to create a pdf?
    I hope someone can help.
    Thanks!
    Vishal

    Sunder Hattangadi

    Jul 30, 2012, 10:12:29 PM7/30/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com

    Regards,

    sunder

    Jul 31, 2012, 12:51:41 AM7/31/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com
    Thank you so much, Sunder!
    Is it also possible to get the word document or text document from which
    this pdf was made?
    Because, when searching for the sutra number in the pdf on the computer,
    it is easier to enter roman numbers to search (eg 3.2.1 instead of
    entering devanagari)
    I can use devanagari, but this will be a bit faster.
    So if I can get the text, then I can change all the sutra numbers & ask
    on here, if someone can convert that into a pdf again.
    Thanks,
    Vishal
    > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to samskrita+...@googlegroups.com.

    Sita Raama

    Aug 2, 2012, 7:37:22 AM8/2/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com
    Vishal,
    I presume you have windows machine,
    Install Itranslator on your machine. You can get it from here http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org/Sanskrit/Itranslt.html

    Go to this link

    copy from
    1\.1\.1 vR^iddhirAdaich .
    1\.1\.2 ade~N guNaH .
    Copy from here to last sutra. Paste into Itranslator. and press the convert button. That would produce devanagari text which you can copy and paste it to word document.

    Sunder Hattangadi wrote:

    धन्यवाद: - राम

    Jonathan Da Fonseca

    Jul 31, 2012, 3:22:43 AM7/31/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com
    With my deep respect
    I send to you what I did receive from the group
    ashtaadhyayee.xls
    ashtadyaayi suutrapaathah - alphabetical & numerical arrangement.xls
    paanini-ashtadhyaayi-sutra-map.ods
    पाणिनि अष्टाध्यायी.ods

    Sunder Hattangadi

    Aug 2, 2012, 1:32:29 PM8/2/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com
    Namaste,

        Att. files as you requested.

    Regards,

    sunder

    -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "samskrita" group.
    aShTAdhyAyI.pdf
    aShTAdhyAyI.itx

    Vishvas Vasuki

    Aug 4, 2012, 9:42:09 PM8/4/12
    to sams...@googlegroups.com, bhaashaap...@googlegroups.com, samskri...@googlegroups.com

    If you get a form, you can analyze the root and gana with this link:

    to get the details you required as below for the form you mentioned.

    आशास्महे
    आशास्महे=आङ्_शास्1{कर्तरि;लट्;उ;बहु;आत्मनेपदी;शासुँ;अदादिः}

    For what its worth, I liked it so I created a Firefox search engine plugin. (like others here; though my attempts at repeating the feat for subanta generators listed in the page failed.)