Fwd: Amar Chitra Katha Comics in Samskritam: Participate in Readership Survey

Sai Susarla

May 21, 2012, 2:19:38 AM5/21/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Samskrita Bharati Ulsoor, Bangalore folks have been doing a great work, namely, translating Amar Chitra Katha's Ramayana into Samskritam.

They've been posting it in a website periodically, e.g., page 49:
http://sites.google.com/site/ramayanasanskrit/page49

It's really cool.

For Amar Chitra Katha Publications to do it in a bigger way, they need to do a readership survey.
Here it is:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S37T8RP

Please click on the survey and fill it to show your support for this awesome effort by Samskrita Bharati.
- Sai.

May 21, 2012, 5:02:17 AM5/21/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing, undoubtably its a great effort. I look forward for more comics

सुलभाः पुरुषा राजन् सततम् प्रिय वादिनः | \\

अप्रियस्य च पथ्यस्य वक्ता श्रोता च दुर्लभः || Ramayanam || ३-३७-२ ||  & || ६-१६-२१ ||

Dipak Ashar

May 21, 2012, 9:54:33 AM5/21/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
It is an excellent work . I am glad this way , Sanskrit can spread among students and young children. thanks for circulating to us . Look forward to reading more of these

Radha Krishnan

May 21, 2012, 9:11:37 AM5/21/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
How to know how many of us voted for the same? Is there any provision?

Venkat Raman U

May 29, 2012, 5:55:46 AM5/29/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste

I have just joined this Google group.
I am the one who has put up the Amar Chitra Katha Samskritam readership survey. The number of responses we've got till now is 324.
This is quite encouraging given the fact that its just 1.5 weeks since it was put up.

But we have a long way to go and so please encourage everyone in your Sanskrit circles to take up the survey.
This group has 298 members, and it would help if everyone here takes up the survey.
We'll wait for some more time before we meet Amar Chitra Katha again so that we get a better survey response count by then.

Thank you Sai for posting the survey link in this forum.

In the survey, many supporters have indicated interest to participate in the translation work.
So, we're setting up a detailed process with which all of us can collaborate effectively to translate as many comic titles as possible into Samskritam. With this process we aim to enable beginners to experts to contribute as much as they want/can to the volunteered translation work. We've been doing this translation as a group for 2 years and it has been such an exciting and fun thing to do, and also the result is very valuable. We'll send more details to the mailing list formed out of the email ids collected in the survey.

धन्यवादः
Venkatraman U

Dr.Dhananjay B. Ghare

May 30, 2012, 6:11:10 AM5/30/12
to sanskRuta Group sanskRuta Lovers Group
Dear sanskRuta Lovers,
  namaskaara.
  I am very happy to learn that Amar Chitra Katha Comics are being published in sanskRuta text in devanaagaree Script.
  I can support this activity by the way of Purchase of a number of such books and didtribute them as Presents/Gifts to High School Children who have taken SanskRuta as the First, Second or Third Language Option.

  How many Titles are already Printed and available in a Place like Bangalore (and in which Book Shop) and
     what is the Price of each such book,
   will be a relevant information useful for Supporters & Well Wishers like me.

  With regards and Best Wishes to all of you especially in your Volunteering Activity of Translation of English and other Amar Chitra Katha Titles in sanskRuta_devanaagaree Versions,
  Dr. Ghare, Wednesday, 30th May 2012, Seattle USA

Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 02:55:46 -0700
From: venkat...@gmail.com
To: sams...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Samskrita] Fwd: Amar Chitra Katha Comics in Samskritam: Participate in Readership Survey

Venkat Raman U

May 31, 2012, 4:33:53 AM5/31/12
to samskrita
My previous mail got sent before I could complete typing.

Dear Dr. Ghare,
Thank you so much for showing your willingness to distribute/gift
Samskritam comics to school students.
We really appreciate your support

We'll get in touch with you shortly with the details that you wanted

All,
Thank you so much for voting in the survey. We are now at 524
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S37T8RP

Regards,
Venkatraman U

On May 30, 3:11 pm, "Dr.Dhananjay B. Ghare" <dbgh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear sanskRuta Lovers,
>   namaskaara.
>   I am very happy to learn that Amar Chitra Katha Comics are being published in sanskRuta text in devanaagaree Script.
>   I can support this activity by the way of Purchase of a number of such books and didtribute them as Presents/Gifts to High School Children who have taken SanskRuta as the First, Second or Third Language Option.
>
>   How many Titles are already Printed and available in a Place like Bangalore (and in which Book Shop) and
>      what is the Price of each such book,
>    will be a relevant information useful for Supporters & Well Wishers like me.
>
>   With regards and Best Wishes to all of you especially in your Volunteering Activity of Translation of English and other Amar Chitra Katha Titles in sanskRuta_devanaagaree Versions,
>   Dr. Ghare, Wednesday, 30th May 2012, Seattle USA
>
> Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 02:55:46 -0700
> From: venkatrama...@gmail.com
> To: sams...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Samskrita] Fwd: Amar Chitra Katha Comics in Samskritam: Participate in Readership Survey
>
> Namaste
>
> I have just joined this Google group.
> I am the one who has put up the Amar Chitra Katha Samskritam readership survey. The number of responses we've got till now is 324.
> This is quite encouraging given the fact that its just 1.5 weeks since it was put up.
>
> But we have a long way to go and so please encourage everyone in your Sanskrit circles to take up the survey.
> This group has 298 members, and it would help if everyone here takes up the survey.
> We'll wait for some more time before we meet Amar Chitra Katha again so that we get a better survey response count by then.
>
> Thank you Sai for posting the survey link in this forum.
>
> In the survey, many supporters have indicated interest to participate in the translation work.
> So, we're setting up a detailed process with which all of us can collaborate effectively to translate as many comic titles as possible into Samskritam. With this process we aim to enable beginners to experts to contribute as much as they want/can to the volunteered translation work. We've been doing this translation as a group for 2 years and it has been such an exciting and fun thing to do, and also the result is very valuable. We'll send more details to the mailing list formed out of the email ids collected in the survey.
>
> धन्यवादः
> Venkatraman U
>
> On Monday, 21 May 2012 18:41:37 UTC+5:30, Radha Krishnan  wrote:How to know how many of us voted for the same? Is there any provision?
> >> For Amar Chitra Katha Publications to do it in a bigger way, they need to
> >> do a readership survey.
> >> Here it is:
> >>http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S37T8RP
>
> --

> To view this discussion on the web visithttps://groups.google.com/d/msg/samskrita/-/TVYqQH_Yh_EJ.

Cynthia Churchill

May 31, 2012, 3:47:09 PM5/31/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaskara.

Would it be possible to purchase the same comics in both Sanskrit and
English (or other language of choice)? That would avoid the need to look up
words.

Cynthia

Venkat Raman U

Jun 1, 2012, 1:54:54 AM6/1/12
to samskrita
Namaste Cynthia

This is a very valid feedback.
I would give this suggestion to the distributors so that there is
always a "bundled with English version" option for buying a Samskritam
comics book.
This idea works irrespective of whether the book is purchased from a
book store or from the online store.
Thank you for this idea

Regards,
Venkatraman U