Another Uddanda Sastri Quote

P.K.Ramakrishnan

Jan 22, 2012, 8:30:05 AM1/22/12
to samskrita
Another Uddanda Sastri Quote -

भाषाकविनिवहोयम्
दोषाकरवत् विभाति गगनतले ///
प्रायेण वृत्तहीन:
सूर्यालोके विनष्टगोप्रसर: //

This group of local langauge poets (Referring to Malayalam poets)
shine like the moon in the sky.
Mostly not round
without spreading any light when the sun's rays appear.

This has a double meaning.  As applied to Malayalam poetry
mostly without having any meter, with the onslaught of learned persons their words lose their meaning.

----------------------------------- P.K.Ramakrishnan http://peekayar.blogspot.com

Hnbhat B.R.

Jan 22, 2012, 10:02:32 AM1/22/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Again this had been discussed in the following thread:

in our group.

--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,

P.K.Ramakrishnan

Jan 22, 2012, 10:16:15 AM1/22/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry that my two recent postings on Uddanda Sastri would come under
the category of  "charvita-charvanam".  My apologies to the members.

----------------------------------- P.K.Ramakrishnan http://peekayar.blogspot.com

I am sorry that my two recent postings on Uddanda Sastri would come under
the category of  "charvita-charvanam".  My apologies to the members.

Nothing to be sorry. This was the one asked for explanation in the following in another thread:

which was even forgotten by the  member also who posted the q original query. Hope this will meet his query with an example in addition.