Fwd: Learning Tools

Vimala Sarma

May 23, 2012, 10:45:31 PM5/23/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Please see site in following e-mail below.
Vimala

May 23, 2012, 11:25:40 PM5/23/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Hahah ahahaa ahahhaaa

I remember a verse of Bhartrihari who was given a fruit by a sage and which he gave to his wife

यां चिन्तयामि सततं मयि सा विरक्ता, साप्यन्यमिच्छति जनं स जनोऽन्यसक्तः।
अस्मत्कृते च परितुष्यति काचिदन्या, धिक् तां च तं च मदनं च इमां च मां च॥
 - भर्तृहरि

Hope the episode woven around this verse is a popular legend tied with the life of Bhartrihari. It may be in the Bhojaprabandha or so. The same thing happened here.  Amba Kulkarni had already gifted this link to another group long ago  in which I was also member:

Here you can see the details of it. Now it was introduced in this site also by the Professor:

in the above thread. I had given the link to Himamshu Pota in his blog site to help him, which in turn reached me also the originating place - round and round.

 'History repeats itself because nobody listens' or 'History repeats itself because the world doesn't learn." A mostly oft quoted line.

--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,