Brahmasūtreṣu Śrīrāghavakṛpābhāṣyam (ब्रह्मसूत्रेषु श्रीराघवकृपाभाष्यम्)

Nityanand Misra

Dec 24, 2011, 6:47:08 PM12/24/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste All,

A scan of the Sanskrit commentary by Jagadguru Rāmabhadrācārya on the Brahma Sūtra is now available for free reading. The commentary was composed in the late 1990s and was published in 1998 by the Tulsi Peeth Seva Nyas, Madhya Pradesh. It was released as a part of the Sanskrit Prasthānatrayī commentaries by the Jagadguru on the day of Rāmanavamī, Vikrama 2054 (April 5, 1998) by the illustrious Prime Minister of India, Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

Interested readers may download the commentary from the downloads page of directly from this link from the Tulsi Peeth Seva Nyas website (476 pages, 15 MB). The commentary runs into 458 pages, and is most extensive on the first quarter of chapter 1.

Regards, Nityanand

--
Nityānanda Miśra
http://nmisra.googlepages.com

|| आत्मा तत्त्वमसि श्वेतकेतो ||
(Thou art from/for/of/in That Ātman, O Śvetaketu)
     - Ṛṣi Uddālaka to his son, Chāndogyopaniṣad 6.8.7, The Sāma Veda

ajit Gargeshwari

Dec 25, 2011, 2:47:29 PM12/25/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks always for keeping the group informed on website updates

Narendra Sakhalkar

Dec 26, 2011, 7:23:26 AM12/26/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Yadi rochate, tarhi grahyam.
When you use, 'Namaste', it is a salutation to a single
individual.Hence, 'Namaste all' is a wrong usage.'Namo namaha' is a
better usage established on the Samskrita Google Groups.
Ram,Ram.
Narendra Sakhalkar

On 12/26/11, ajit Gargeshwari <ajit.gar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks always for keeping the group informed on website updates
>
> 2011/12/25 Nityanand Misra <nmi...@gmail.com>
>
>> Namaste All,
>>
>> A scan of the Sanskrit commentary by Jagadguru Rāmabhadrācārya on the
>> Brahma Sūtra is now available for free reading. The commentary was
>> composed
>> in the late 1990s and was published in 1998 by the Tulsi Peeth Seva Nyas,
>> Madhya Pradesh. It was released as a part of the Sanskrit Prasthānatrayī
>> commentaries by the Jagadguru on the day of Rāmanavamī, Vikrama 2054
>> (April
>> 5, 1998) by the illustrious Prime Minister of India, Sh. Atal Bihari
>> Vajpayee.
>>
>> Interested readers may download the commentary from the downloads

>> page<http://jagadgururambhadracharya.org/downloads>of directly from this
>> link<http://jagadgururambhadracharya.org/ViewContent/pdfs/Jagadguru%20Rambhadracharya%20-%20Brahmasutresu%20Sriraghavakrpabhasyam.pdf>from

Nityanand Misra

Dec 27, 2011, 12:09:11 AM12/27/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Narendra Ji,

If you lookup the Random House English Dictionary (for American English) and the Collins English Dictionary (for British English), Namaste is listed as a noun and an interjection. Used as a noun, one can "hold hands together in a Namaste" as one can "give a warm Hello", and used as an interjection, one can wish "Namaste [to] all" as one wishes "Hello [to] all". Even in Hindi (from where English borrows the term as per the Online Etymology Dictionary), the term is used as a a noun (e.g. नमस्ते करना) and interjection (as the equivalent of Hello/Good morning/Bye). It is the interjection usage which I intended.

What you said about "Namaste" in true only in Sanskrit, where it is a complete sentence in itself.

Thanks, Nityanand

Hnbhat B.R.

Dec 27, 2011, 8:32:15 AM12/27/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com

2011/12/26 Narendra Sakhalkar <naren...@gmail.com>

Yadi rochate, tarhi grahyam.
When you use, 'Namaste', it is a salutation to a single
individual.Hence, 'Namaste all' is a wrong usage.'Namo namaha' is a
better usage established on the Samskrita Google Groups.
Ram,Ram.
Narendra Sakhalkar

Ram ram.

It can be used to in respect of all of you. "जातावेकवचनम्।’ as idiomatic usage of collective noun which can override all the grammatical rules of agreement of number in Sanskrit. "namste to all" is after all a Sanglish sentence, and there is no point in discussing about Sanskrit language applicable to Sanskrit sentences and words inflected.

--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,

Narendra Sakhalkar

Dec 27, 2011, 10:45:22 AM12/27/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sushthu kathitam bhawadbhihi.Upakrutosmi.
Ram,Ram.
Narendra Sakhalkar

On 12/27/11, Nityanand Misra <nmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Narendra Ji,
>
> If you lookup the Random House English Dictionary (for American English)
> and the Collins English Dictionary (for British English), Namaste is listed

> as a noun and an interjection. Used as a noun, one can "*hold hands
> together in a Namaste*" as one can "*give a warm Hello*", and used as an
> interjection, one can wish "*Namaste [to] all*" as one wishes "*Hello [to]
> all*". Even in Hindi (from where English borrows the term as per the Online

Naresh Cuntoor

Dec 27, 2011, 11:49:27 AM12/27/11
to sams...@googlegroups.com
[Mod. note]

Back on topic, please.
Let us not drag the discussion of 'namaste' further.

Thanks,
Naresh