Looking for Naiṣadhīyacaritam text

Nityanand Misra

May 16, 2012, 9:12:01 AM5/16/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste

I have come across digitized PDFs of Naiṣadhīyacaritam by Śrīharṣa but could not find the text (in IAST or Devnagari) on the Internet. It is not at sanskritdocuments, sanskrit wikisource, GRETIL or Digital Corpus of Sanskrit. I also tried searching on Google with some verses in Devnagari and IAST but got no results.

Does anybody have the text or know of a source for this?

Thanks, Nityanand

--
Nityānanda Miśra
Member, Advisory Council, Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University

|| आत्मा तत्त्वमसि श्वेतकेतो ||
(Thou art from/for/of/in That Ātman, O Śvetaketu)
     - Ṛṣi Uddālaka to his son, Chāndogyopaniṣad 6.8.7, The Sāma Veda

Sunder Hattangadi

May 16, 2012, 1:59:55 PM5/16/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Devanagari text is at:

DLI search gives the following:

3015. NAISADHACARITA  K.K.HANDIQUI; LITERATURE(SANSKRIT), 1956, , 694 pages. Barcode 5990010098341   Scan available.

3016. Naisadhiyacharitam Ed. 8  Shri Harsha; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1942, Satyabhamabai Pandurang, Bombay, 1068 pages. Barcode 4990010200591   Scan not available.

3017. Naisdhamhakavyam (1944)  Unknown; Mahakavya, 1944, Jain Prabhkar Yantralay, 601 pages. Barcode 99999990235902   Scan not available.

3018. NAISDHEEY CHARITAM MAHAKAVAYAM  CHANDRA KALA; LITERATURE SANSKRIT, 1902, , 376 pages. Barcode 5990010098342   Scan available.

3019. Naishad parishilan  CHANDIKA PRASAD; LITERATURE, 1960, HINDUSTANI ACADAMI ALLAHABAD, 549 pages. Barcode 5990010098343   Scan available.

3020. Naishada Maha Kavyam with commentary  Harsha; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1881, Prabhakar Press,Chennai, 290 pages. Barcode 1990020084933   Scan available.

3021. Naishada Mahakavyam with commentary  Harsha; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1871, Jnanasurodaya Press,Bhuavana Giri, 232 pages. Barcode 1990020084934   Scan available.

3022. Naishada Mahakavyam with commentary  Harsha; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1870, Vivekalanidhi Press,Yanamadhala, 276 pages. Barcode 1990020084935   Scan available.

3023. Naishada Mahakavyam with commentary  Harsha; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1871, Saraswati Nilaya Press,Chennapuri(Madras), 94 pages. Barcode 1990020084936   Scan available.

3024. Naishadha Charitam  Shri Harsha; LITERATURE, 1900, N. A., 762 pages. Barcode 4990010216668   Scan not available.

3025. Naishadham vol. 1  Harsha; PHILOSOPHY. PSYCHOLOGY, 1916, R. Subramanya Vadhyar, Trichinopoly, 314 pages. Barcode 4990010095856   Scan available.

3026. Naishadhiya Charita  Datta, Siva; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1912, Tukaram Javaji, Kolkata, 558 pages. Barcode 4990010213803   Scan not available.

3027. Naishadhiya Charita  Datta, Siva; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1912, Tukaram Javaji, Kolkata, 558 pages. Barcode 4990010095857   Scan available.

3028. naishhadhakaavya  kheimaraaja shriikrxshhnd-adaasane; LANGUAGE. LINGUISTICS. LITERATURE, 1817, shriivenkat'eshvaraa mudraalaye, 184 pages. Barcode 2990100072963   Scan available.

Regards,

sunder
May 17, 2012, 12:43:06 AM5/17/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I have Naishadhiyacaritam book of Nirnayasagar. If someone in this group has facilities to scan without spoiling the book, i am willing to lend. I am in Bangalore.
Regards
Murthy

Nityanand Misra

May 17, 2012, 7:44:47 AM5/17/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Murthy Mahodaya

Thanks for your email. A scan of the work in available under the Sky Drive of Sh. Ajit Krishnan's sky drive http://tinyurl.com/samskritam , however I already have that. I am interested in the text of the work in ITRANS or IAST or Devnagari format. So even after scanning one needs to run some kind of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) which has been done on some old Samskrita books by Google.

Thanks, Nityanand

Nityanand Misra

May 17, 2012, 7:49:03 AM5/17/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sunder Mahodaya

Thanks for the help, however, the Hathi Trust link does not give free acess, and the DLI scans are again scans, but not texts.

What I am looking for is the text in Unicode or ASCII, something like this link for Kumarasambhava under GRETIL

http://fiindolo.sub.uni-goettingen.de/gretil/1_sanskr/5_poetry/2_kavya/kakumspu.htm

Thanks, Nityanand

Nityanand Misra

May 17, 2012, 7:59:25 AM5/17/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I did find a searchable version udner http://iu.ff.cuni.cz/pandanus/electronictexts/

I will be writing Charles University to see if they can oblige by giving me the source text.

Nityanand Misra

May 20, 2012, 5:44:38 AM5/20/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
The Pandanus website does not provide a download feature but only search by keyword or line number. I had to download the entire text three lines at a time for which I used an Autohotkeys script (works similar to the DLI downloader). Some verses missing compared for which Nārāyaṇa's commentary is available, which I have typed in. I am attaching the text in IAST format for those who may be interested.

naiṣadhaṃ vidvadauṣadham

Thanks, Nityanand
naisadhiyacaritam.zip

Hnbhat B.R.

May 21, 2012, 8:38:47 AM5/21/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the download.
--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,

dhaval patel

May 24, 2012, 12:21:21 AM5/24/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
naishadhiya in devanagari unicode, if anyone is interested.
The data used is as provided by Nityananda ji.
For docx disabled people - they may try
http://sanskritworld.in/naishadhiyacharitam-shriharsha/

Dr. Dhaval Patel
www.sanskritworld.in
naishadha.docx

Nityanand Misra

May 24, 2012, 8:39:51 AM5/24/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dr. Patel.

I noticed quite a few mistakes in the text so it would be great if some volunteers can come forward to proofread this for everybody's benefit - I would have liked do it but do not have the time.

One way to ensure correctness would be to parse the text into the long-short sequence to detect metres. This helps in detecting errors which are often caused by typos (e.g. r in place of ṛ) and which violate the meter. I wrote a flex parser in Linux three years ago to do the same and am willing to share it with volunteers who can take this up.

Same holds true for many GRETIL texts for epics - typos and missing syllables are not uncommon.

Thanks, Nityanand

Pooja P

Apr 8, 2020, 12:01:35 PM4/8/20
to samskrita
Hi,

Does anyone have pdf for nishadhiiyacharita with jivaatu commentary?

Jagannatha S

Apr 8, 2020, 12:49:37 PM4/8/20
to sams...@googlegroups.com

Pooja P