अकारान्त पुंलिङ्ग राम शब्द:

Sita Raama

Feb 15, 2012, 9:22:15 AM2/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure if this is of any use to anyone. the work did not extend due to study break. I hope someday I will resume again.

--

सुलभाः पुरुषा राजन् सततम् प्रिय वादिनः | \\

अप्रियस्य च पथ्यस्य वक्ता श्रोता च दुर्लभः || Ramayanam || ३-३७-२ ||  & || ६-१६-२१ ||

akraanta_Shabda_Raama Summary.pdf

Venkata Subbaiah Bathula

Feb 15, 2012, 11:18:17 AM2/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the copy.. It's very useful, for beginners to learn the vyaakarana.
Such documents are also very good, to develop interest in Sanskrit vyaakarana, for Sanskrit lovers..!

Looking forward to other Sabda's also

2012/2/15 Sita Raama <raam...@gmail.com>

Subbaiah
धर्म एव हतो हन्ति धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः ।

Subramanya Uchangi Hiriyannaiah

Feb 15, 2012, 11:40:02 AM2/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
In the Table of declensions of 'Rama" shabda, the Chaturthi Vibhakti should be 'ramaya' whereas it is shown as 'ramaa'.
Kindly correct it.

2012/2/15 Venkata Subbaiah Bathula <bvsub...@gmail.com>

--
Warm regards

U H Subramanya
सुब्रह्मण्यः यु हेच्
ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ ಯು ಹೆಚ್

080-23284740, 9341323940, 9986031949
#39, 11th Cross, I Main, Prashanthanagar, Bengaluru 560079.

Visit http://www.satchidanandendra.org for e-Study of Brahma Sutra Shankara Bhashya.
http://www.adhyatmaprakasha.org/ for  on line reading of all books of Sri Satchidanandendrasaraswati of Holenarasipur.

Sita Raama

Feb 15, 2012, 3:40:03 PM2/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing the typo, I will make the correction

Sita Raama

Feb 15, 2012, 6:00:58 PM2/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Here is the correct version, please let me know if there are any issues with laghu Siddhanta Kaumudi sutras.

2012/2/15 Sita Raama <raam...@gmail.com>
001_akraanta_Shabda_Raama.pdf

KC

Feb 15, 2012, 11:45:07 PM2/15/12
to samskrita
Hi,

This is probably a bit unrelated - but by convention, are people given
names according to the nominal root, the nominative singular case or
the vocative singular ? eg

1. aśvin (noun root and voc singular) and aśvī (nom singular)
2. ṛtvij (noun root) or ṛtvik (nom singular and voc singular)

I think it should be vocative singular, but not sure.

-Kapil

Sita Raama

Feb 16, 2012, 8:59:35 AM2/16/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
As per my understanding names should always be Vocative Singular. Pratipadikam (Root) is not a padam until it associates itself with subanta or tinganta. Raam is not a padam until it gets attached to sup etc. Once it attaches then only it becomes pada.
There is a sutra "apadam na prayunjita"

others can comment on my understanding as well.

murthy

Feb 16, 2012, 10:15:09 AM2/16/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I am not understanding the point of discussion. Why should name be in Vocative singular except when you are calling the person?
रामो नाम जनैः श्रुतः.It is nominative singular.
Regards
Murthy

KC

Feb 16, 2012, 11:38:50 PM2/16/12
to samskrita
Hi,

That was my understanding too, until someone pointed that for fem
forms, correct is 'sītā' (nom sing), not 'sīte' (voc sing). Looking
for any pointers to the correct methodology of naming esp. from those
with family ties to Hindu pandits who do nāmakaraṇa ceremony. Thanks.

-Kapil

Hnbhat B.R.

Feb 17, 2012, 12:42:48 AM2/17/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

2012/2/16 Sita Raama <raam...@gmail.com>

As per my understanding names should always be Vocative Singular. Pratipadikam (Root) is not a padam until it associates itself with subanta or tinganta. Raam is not a padam until it gets attached to sup etc. Once it attaches then only it becomes pada.
There is a sutra "apadam na prayunjita"

others can comment on my understanding as well.

Please give the reference to the "Sutra" you are referring. I* don't remember any such rule of Panini. Only there is a maximum naapi kevalaa prakRutiH prayoktavyaa, naapi pratyayaH" usually quoted. Arthavad - dhaatur apratyayaH praatipadikam" and kRittaddhitasamaasaash ca" are the two rules governing the technical terms of "praatipadika" which excludes any meaningful string, except dhaatu, and pratyaya-s which is summarized by the above maximum. And praatipadikam is not translated as root, but as stem, specifically nominal stem.

This my understanding. I don't know how do you arrive at the above conclusion
names should always be Vocative Singular
--

There is no such rule I can remember.

With regards
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,
Ecole française d'Extrême-OrientCentre de Pondichéry
16 & 19, Rue Dumas
Pondichéry - 605 001