Sahana Malayalam localisation

Hari Vishnu

Nov 5, 2008, 5:43:56 AM11/5/08
to Sahana Localization
Hi everyone

My name is Hari Vishnu, and I am a Research student at NTU. I see that
Sahana is quite a useful application that has been used successfully
in scenarios like the Tsunami, and would like to contribute to it.

I have been (am) part of the malayalam localisation team Swathanthra
Malayalam Computing (SMC), which has been actively involved in
localising the KDE, GNOME desktops and other projects into Malayalam.
I have experience in po-file editing and translating using poedit.

I would like Malayalam to be included in the Sahana localisation
project, and am ready to maintain it as of now. Please give me info on
how I can do this. I have registered at Pootle as harivishnu.

Hari

Dominic

Nov 5, 2008, 9:07:19 AM11/5/08
to Sahana Localization
Hello Hari,

thanks for your interest in Sahana translation.

Malayalam has been added to the languages list at our PootleServer at
http://translate.sahana.lk.

Please download all the sahana-*.po files from http://translate.sahana.lk/ml/sahana062
(you won't need to be registered at the site to do this), translate
them with your favorite PO editing tool (you may even translate
online, if you want), and then send in the translated PO files to this
mailing list here.

Please see also instructions at http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=translate:home

Malayalam is one of the Indian languages, so it is Ajay Kumar who
maintains this translation. Please contact him via this GoogleGroup
(if he does not automatically contact you) for further instruction and
support.

Kind regards,
Dominic

Chamindra de Silva

Nov 6, 2008, 12:23:44 AM11/6/08
to sahana-lo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the Sahana community Hari, we look forward to your contribution.

chamindra de silva
http://chamindra.googlepages.com