Sage Days 29 info

William Stein

Mar 13, 2011, 10:26:16 AM3/13/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com, bugdays
Hi,

If you're coming to Sage Days 29 (http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29),
answer this email *ASAP* (you can email me directly at
wst...@gmail.com instead of responding to the list).

1. Arrival and departure dates:

2. Do you need a hotel room?

3. Are you OK having a roommate, and if so any requests?

4. Have you already reserved your own hotel room (anything near
University of Washington would work), and if so what is the estimated
cost? (Yes, you will be reimbursed.)

5. How much does your plane ticket cost? (This is just for a budget estimate.)

You may also want to update info at http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29
about you, but if you don't, I will.

I have 8 rooms reserved at the University owned Collegiana. I can
assign some of the conference participants to those based on the above
feedback, so please respond to the above questions quickly.

Some people will stay at other hotel rooms, since we only have 8 rooms
at the Collegiania. I just did an expedia search for rooms in
"University District" in Seattle, and there are many good choices
available. Anything within a few blocks of University of
Washington will be fine.

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics

Maarten Derickx

Mar 13, 2011, 11:32:46 AM3/13/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
You probably have all info already for me but here are still all the
answers in a row.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2011, at 15:26, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you're coming to Sage Days 29 (http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29),
> answer this email *ASAP* (you can email me directly at
> wst...@gmail.com instead of responding to the list).
>
> 1. Arrival and departure dates:

14-3 til 26-3

> 2. Do you need a hotel room?

Yes

> 3. Are you OK having a roommate, and if so any requests?

I'm ok.

> 4. Have you already reserved your own hotel room (anything near
> University of Washington would work), and if so what is the estimated
> cost? (Yes, you will be reimbursed.)

No but you already appointed me a room right?

> 5. How much does your plane ticket cost? (This is just for a budget estimate.)

650 eur so about 900 usd

Martin Raum

Mar 13, 2011, 12:19:43 PM3/13/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
> 1. Arrival and departure dates:
I will arrive at the airport on Sun Mar 20th at 1:15 pm.
I will depart on Sun Mar 27th at 2:15 pm.

> 2. Do you need a hotel room?

Yes, I do.

> 3. Are you OK having a roommate, and if so any requests?

I am OK, and I don't have any requests.

> 4. Have you already reserved your own hotel room (anything near
> University of Washington would work), and if so what is the estimated
> cost? (Yes, you will be reimbursed.)

No.

> 5. How much does your plane ticket cost? (This is just for a budget estimate.)

A bit more than 600€, which is about $850.

> You may also want to update info at http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29
> about you, but if you don't, I will.

I will do that in a moment.

Rob Beezer

Mar 13, 2011, 12:39:02 PM3/13/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Wiiliam,

Arrive Sunday night, Mar 20, depart Friday evening, Mar 25.

Would like to stay at Collegiana, could do a triple room. Jason if he comes,
roomed with Volker before, might be nice to meet NumPy guys, always find Cremona
enjoyable online. David Roe, Rado, Robert Miller. I'm easy.

If you'd like me to figure out something else, since I'm quasi-local, that's
fine as well. My parents' house on Madison is a fall-back, but very sub-optimal.

Thanks for organizing!

Rob

Fernando Perez

Mar 13, 2011, 3:38:04 PM3/13/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 07:26, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you're coming to Sage Days 29 (http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29),
> answer this email *ASAP* (you can email me directly at
> wst...@gmail.com instead of responding to the list).
>
> 1. Arrival and departure dates:

Arrive Tuesday, 7:20pm, depart Friday, 9:25pm.

> 2. Do you need a hotel room?

Yes, can book one separately if your booked ones fill up.

> 3. Are you OK having a roommate, and if so any requests?

Yes, that's OK. It probably makes most sense for Min and I to share a
room, we'll be working on the same stuff and our arrival/departure
times are almost identical.

> 4. Have you already reserved your own hotel room (anything near
> University of Washington would work), and if so what is the estimated
> cost?  (Yes, you will be reimbursed.)

Haven't yet, was waiting to hear from you on how many you had
available. Can book any time.

> 5. How much does your plane ticket cost?  (This is just for a budget estimate.)

Trip Total $184.40

> You may also want to update info at http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29
> about you, but if you don't, I will.
>
> I have 8 rooms reserved at the University owned Collegiana.   I can
> assign some of the conference participants to those based on the above
> feedback,  so please respond to the above questions quickly.
>
> Some people will stay at other hotel rooms, since we only have 8 rooms
> at the Collegiania.   I just did an expedia search for rooms in
> "University District" in Seattle, and there are many good choices
> available.     Anything within a few blocks of University of
> Washington will be fine.

OK, just let me know if Min and I should book separately and I can do
it, or if we can use one of those 8.

Thanks!

Mark Wiebe

Mar 13, 2011, 3:45:13 PM3/13/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:26 AM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

If you're coming to Sage Days 29 (http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29),
answer this email *ASAP* (you can email me directly at
wst...@gmail.com instead of responding to the list).

1. Arrival and departure dates:
 March 20/March 26

2. Do you need a hotel room?
Yes

3. Are you OK having a roommate, and if so any requests?
That's fine with me.

4. Have you already reserved your own hotel room (anything near
University of Washington would work), and if so what is the estimated
cost?  (Yes, you will be reimbursed.)
No

5. How much does your plane ticket cost?  (This is just for a budget estimate.)
424.01

-Mark