Sage library for the iPhone

Andy

Feb 7, 2009, 1:43:03 PM2/7/09
to sage-support
Does anyone know if there is a sage library that can be used in iPhone
applications? My current bet would be to attempt to use Sage through
some sort of Python interpreter, but I was hoping there was a more
clean solution. If not Sage, then anyone know of a good library that
would support polynomial equations?

Thanks,
-andy

Mike Hansen

Feb 7, 2009, 3:22:43 PM2/7/09
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

While you can't run Sage directly on the iPhone, you can certainly
connect to a Sage notebook server and use Sage via the web interface.
If you don't have your own Sage server set up, you could use
http://www.sagenb.org

--Mike

William Stein

Feb 7, 2009, 3:26:02 PM2/7/09
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

You could also presumably write an iphone app that uses Sage via an
internet connection "behind the scenes" to do computation. This app
would of course only
work if one was online.

That said, what do you want to do with polynomial equations? "Support
polynomial equations" is too vague.

-- William