Dear p-adic enthusiasts,
I'm in the process of planning a Sage Days focussed on p-adics. The current
plan is for sometime in the spring of 2012, hosted either at the University
of Washington in Seattle or UCSD in San Diego. There will probably be some
talks on computations using p-adics in Sage, but the primary focus will be
on bug-fixing and improving the code.
I'll be putting some grant proposals together soon, so if you're possibly
interested in attending let me know. For planning purposes I'd also
appreciate it if you could answer the following:
* Do you have a strong preference between Seattle and San Diego?
* Are there dates you already know you'd be unavailable? I'm already
planning on avoiding the conferences listed at the bottom of this e-mail.
* Where would you be coming from?
- Complex and *p*-adic
February 13-17, ICERM, Providence
- Arizona Winter School, March 10-14 (projected), Tucson
- Global arithmetic dynamics<http://icerm.brown.edu/sp-s12/workshop-2.php>,
March 12-16, ICERM, Providence
- The *p*-adic Langlands program: recent developments and applications,
April 16-20 (tentative), Fields Institute, Toronto