Deprecation message for sage/server/ .py files

1 view

Pat LeSmithe

Nov 26, 2009, 8:56:26 AM11/26/09
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
Is the following an appropriate message to add to the top of each old
Sage notebook .py file:

"""
This file is part of the OLD Sage notebook and is NOT actively
developed, maintained, or supported. As of Sage v4.1.2, all notebook
development has
moved to the separate Sage Notebook project:

http://nb.sagemath.org/

The new notebook is installed in Sage as a spkg (e.g., sagenb-0.3.spkg).

Please visit the project's home page for more information, including
directions on obtaining the latest source code. For notebook-related
development and support, please consult the sage-notebook discussion group:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-notebook
"""

? I assume we should skip

all.py
__init__.py
trac/*.py
wiki/*.py

This is

William Stein

Nov 26, 2009, 3:32:04 PM11/26/09
to sage-notebook
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Pat LeSmithe <qed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the following an appropriate message to add to the top of each old
> Sage notebook .py file:
>
> """
> This file is part of the OLD Sage notebook and is NOT actively
> developed, maintained, or supported.  As of Sage v4.1.2, all notebook
> development has
> moved to the separate Sage Notebook project:
>
> http://nb.sagemath.org/
>
> The new notebook is installed in Sage as a spkg (e.g., sagenb-0.3.spkg).

"as a spkg" |---> "as an spkg".

> Please visit the project's home page for more information, including

http://nb.sagemath.org

(Yes, I know, the page isn't very good yet.)

> directions on obtaining the latest source code.  For notebook-related
> development and support, please consult the sage-notebook discussion group:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-notebook
> """
>
> ?  I assume we should skip
>
> all.py
> __init__.py
> trac/*.py
> wiki/*.py
>
> This is
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7534

OK, this all looks good, except for the minor changes I suggest above.

I also hope we can remove as much as possible the code from the
server/notebook directory. We need to retain just enough to unpickle
and migrate old notebooks.

William

-- William