sagenb is installed in the wrong place?

John H Palmieri

Dec 23, 2009, 11:45:21 PM12/23/09
to sage-notebook
As of 4.3.rc0, it looks like sagenb is perhaps being installed in the
wrong place, resulting in failures when building the documentation
with the "-j" option (it can't find some of the relevant javascript):

copying static files... WARNING: static directory '/Applications/sage/
local/lib/python/site-packages/sagenb/data/jsmath/' does not exist

In 4.3.alpha1, sagenb was installed in SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python/site-
packages/.

In 4.3.rc0 and 4.3.rc1, sagenb is installed in SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/
python/site-packages/sagenb-0.4.7-py2.6.egg/

This "...egg" used to be a file, and now it's a directory, and that
doesn't look right either, but I don't really know what I'm talking
about. If this is actually the way things are supposed to be now,
then the path for the jsmath stuff needs to be fixed.

--
John

William Stein

Dec 24, 2009, 12:17:01 AM12/24/09
to sage-notebook, Tim Joseph Dumol

Yes, the path for jsmath needs to be fixed, I think, or we need to put
in a symlink. Tim Dumol switched things so the notebook uses
setuptools for install instead of distutils.

Can you make a blocker ticket about this?

William

Pat LeSmithe

Dec 24, 2009, 12:36:00 AM12/24/09
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
On 12/23/2009 08:45 PM, John H Palmieri wrote:
> copying static files... WARNING: static directory '/Applications/sage/
> local/lib/python/site-packages/sagenb/data/jsmath/' does not exist

The patch at #7755

should fix this problem.

I noticed a different problem with building the reference manual:

reading sources... [ 12%] combinat/sage/combinat/lyndon_word

Sphinx error:
'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 811: ordinal not in
range(128)

I *think* the "problem" is in lyndon_word and that we can "solve" it by
putting

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

at the beginning of sage/combinat/lyndon_word.py. Are #6674 and #6682

related to this?

John H Palmieri

Dec 24, 2009, 1:33:40 AM12/24/09
to sage-notebook
On Dec 23, 9:36 pm, Pat LeSmithe <qed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/2009 08:45 PM, John H Palmieri wrote:
>
> > copying static files... WARNING: static directory '/Applications/sage/
> > local/lib/python/site-packages/sagenb/data/jsmath/' does not exist
>
> The patch at #7755
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7755
>
> should fix this problem.

Positive review.

> I noticed a different problem with building the reference manual:
>
> reading sources... [ 12%] combinat/sage/combinat/lyndon_word
>
> Sphinx error:
> 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 811: ordinal not in
> range(128)
>
> I *think* the "problem" is in lyndon_word and that we can "solve" it by
> putting
>
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
>
> at the beginning of sage/combinat/lyndon_word.py.

I don't have this problem unless I apply the patch at #7549
(underscore methods, etc.). I pored over that file (lyndon_word.py)
at one point, and I couldn't figure out where the non-ascii character
was. Frustrating.

--
John

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tim Joseph Dumol

Dec 24, 2009, 12:28:14 PM12/24/09
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
A new ticket with patch for review is now at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7762.

--
Tim Joseph Dumol <tim (at) timdumol (dot) com>
http://timdumol.com

William Stein

Dec 24, 2009, 1:10:43 PM12/24/09
to sage-notebook

How does this relate to Mitesh's remark that: "The patch at #7755

William

Tim Joseph Dumol

Dec 24, 2009, 1:33:22 PM12/24/09
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I didn't get that email. Either patch will do. Since #7755 is already in, I will mark #7762 as invalid/fixed.