misc/ipaddr.py

Jason Grout

Jan 16, 2012, 11:59:58 AM1/16/12
to sage-notebook
Does anyone know what

sagenb/misc/ipaddr.py

is for? It doesn't seem to be imported anywhere in sagenb. I'd like to
delete the file, and if we need it, instead add it to the dependencies
list for the notebook.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grout

Jan 16, 2012, 12:10:00 PM1/16/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

Some further searching using git's ability to search through all history
for a string showed two commits:

% git log -Sipaddr
commit cd126bf7f8eee9522a1ac0de20383b5f3e62617b
Author: Rado Kirov <rki...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 26 01:17:50 2011 +0800

Finish updating to Twisted 11 and throw an error message if the
subnets parameter is used.

commit 630005f9be83041824a3d4679e00e2a20004c12d
Author: William Stein <wst...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 8 22:15:08 2009 -0800

trac 7635: make it trivial for any user to restrict the notebook
server to only listen on certain subdomain

It looks like the file was introduced in #7635. I think we decided that
restricting to a certain domain should be done outside of the sage
notebook (i.e., with a firewall) instead of with twisted [1]; the file
isn't needed anymore, so I'll delete it and won't add it to the
dependencies.

Thanks,

Jason

[1]