sageinspect and trac #6848

John H Palmieri

Oct 26, 2009, 6:52:22 PM10/26/09
to sage-notebook
I notice that in Sage 4.2, the version of sageinspect in the notebook
doesn't match the one in sage.misc -- the one in sagenb/misc is
missing the fix from Trac #6848. As a result,
{{{
RDF.random_element?
}}}
produces incorrect output, as noted on the ticket. Should this be
fixed, or was the fix intentionally omitted because it uses "eval"?

John

William Stein

Oct 26, 2009, 6:55:05 PM10/26/09
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

It should be fixed. Can you open a ticket?

William

John H Palmieri

Oct 26, 2009, 7:31:54 PM10/26/09
to sage-notebook
On Oct 26, 3:55 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:52 PM, John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I notice that in Sage 4.2, the version of sageinspect in the notebook
> > doesn't match the one in sage.misc -- the one in sagenb/misc is
> > missing the fix from Trac #6848.  As a result,
> > {{{
> > RDF.random_element?
> > }}}
> > produces incorrect output, as noted on the ticket.  Should this be
> > fixed, or was the fix intentionally omitted because it uses "eval"?
>
> It should be fixed.  Can you open a ticket?
>
> William

See

<http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7316>

John