"Sage for Undergraduates" is released.

gregory....@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2014, 10:59:33 PM7/21/14
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

I have sent my book "Sage for Undergraduates" to the American Mathematical Society today.

Writing this has been a very long journey, and many people on this list have helped me toward this destination.

The AMS has graciously permitted me to make available a PDF file of the book on my webpage:

www.gregorybard.com

(just click on "Sage Stuff")

I hope you will find the book useful.
---Greg

p.s. There will still be one more copy-editor's pass before it gets physically printed. Therefore, if you find any typos, please do not hesitate to point them out to me (ba...@uwstout.edu)... typos can still be corrected!

p.p.s. Please forgive the double posting.

Mike Meredith

Jul 22, 2014, 4:59:14 AM7/22/14
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Link is broken. No files black and white or color.

Mike Meredith

“For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 22, 2014, 5:30:06 AM7/22/14
to sage...@googlegroups.com
On 2014-07-22, Mike Meredith <asianbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Link is broken. No files black and white or color.

works for me (you need to unzip the files though.)
By the way, I don't see why this zip is needed; the saving of space is
pretty minimal:

$ ls -l *.zip
-rw-r--r--@ 1 dima staff 2751932 Jul 22 10:17
sage_for_undergraduates_bw.pdf.zip
-rw-r--r--@ 1 dima staff 4110448 Jul 22 10:17
sage_for_undergraduates_color.pdf.zip

vs

$ ls -l sa*.pdf
-rw-r--r--@ 1 dima wheel 2862745 Jul 22 02:29
sage_for_undergraduates_bw.pdf
-rw-r--r--@ 1 dima wheel 4496716 Jul 22 02:31
sage_for_undergraduates_color.pdf

David Joyner

Jul 22, 2014, 5:31:56 AM7/22/14
to SAGE edu
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:59 PM, <gregory....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I have sent my book "Sage for Undergraduates" to the American Mathematical
> Society today.
>
> Writing this has been a very long journey, and many people on this list have
> helped me toward this destination.
>
> The AMS has graciously permitted me to make available a PDF file of the book
> on my webpage:
>
> www.gregorybard.com
>
> (just click on "Sage Stuff")

Thanks, Greg, for the pdf!

Nice webpage:-)

> I hope you will find the book useful.
> ---Greg
>
> p.s. There will still be one more copy-editor's pass before it gets
> physically printed. Therefore, if you find any typos, please do not hesitate
> to point them out to me (ba...@uwstout.edu)... typos can still be corrected!
>
> p.p.s. Please forgive the double posting.

Manjusha Joshi

Jul 22, 2014, 2:38:26 PM7/22/14
to sage...@googlegroups.com

--

Thanks Greg for nice book. Very useful collection of links related to sage.
Great job!

-Manjusha

--
 Freelance Consultant in Scientific computing
Pune, India

blog:http://manjushajoshi.wordpress.com/

kcrisman

Nov 21, 2014, 11:03:01 AM11/21/14
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Just as an update, there is now a nice website for the book that AMS advertised on social media.