reviews for symbolics bug fixes

Burcin Erocal

Jul 31, 2009, 10:54:30 PM7/31/09
to sage-...@groups.google.com
Hi,

I just uploaded a new pynac package and patches which fix

#6404 conjugate typesetting
#6401 typesetting real and imag
#6243 fderivative hash collision
#6377 exp evaluation at infinity

on trac. The package is here:

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/pynac/pynac-0.1.8.p2.spkg

It would be good to include these in the 4.1.1 release. Are there any
volunteers for reviews?

Thanks.

Burcin

Minh Nguyen

Jul 31, 2009, 11:06:23 PM7/31/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Burcin Erocal<bur...@erocal.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a new pynac package and patches which fix
>
> #6404 conjugate typesetting
> #6401 typesetting real and imag
> #6243 fderivative hash collision
> #6377 exp evaluation at infinity
>
> on trac. The package is here:
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/pynac/pynac-0.1.8.p2.spkg

It would be good to have these tickets reviewed for 4.1.1, since we
have been receiving reports of doctest failures in the module

devel/sage/sage/symbolic/expression.pyx

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen

Golam Mortuza Hossain

Aug 1, 2009, 6:17:11 AM8/1/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks Burcin. Surely, it would be good to have them fixed in
the next release.

If no one else reviews it within next couple of days then I will be
happy to do so, as I am travelling right now.

Cheers,
Golam

Burcin Erocal

Aug 1, 2009, 8:09:26 AM8/1/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Golam,

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 10:17:11 +0000
Golam Mortuza Hossain <gmho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Burcin Erocal<bur...@erocal.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > I just uploaded a new pynac package and patches which fix
> >
> > #6404 conjugate typesetting
> > #6401 typesetting real and imag
> > #6243 fderivative hash collision
> > #6377 exp evaluation at infinity
> >
> > on trac. The package is here:
> >
> > http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/pynac/pynac-0.1.8.p2.spkg
> >
> > It would be good to include these in the 4.1.1 release. Are there
> > any volunteers for reviews?
>

> Thanks Burcin. Surely, it would be good to have them fixed in
> the next release.

Yep, it would have been good to fix a few more, but I don't think I can
spend more time on this till the release. I just wanted to get some of
the stuff I had on my laptop out there.

> If no one else reviews it within next couple of days then I will be
> happy to do so, as I am travelling right now.

Note that the new package also supports a flag to disable chain rule
for symbolic functions. This will definitely be useful for constructs
such as symbolic integrals, sums, products, limits, etc.

It should also pave the way for a fix to #6465. Maybe you can take that
up again?

Thank you.

Burcin

Golam Mortuza Hossain

Aug 4, 2009, 11:20:01 AM8/4/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Burcin,

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Burcin Erocal<bur...@erocal.org> wrote:

> Note that the new package also supports a flag to disable chain rule
> for symbolic functions. This will definitely be useful for constructs
> such as symbolic integrals, sums, products, limits, etc.
>
> It should also pave the way for a fix to #6465. Maybe you can take that
> up again?

Thanks Burcin. OK, I got that (#6465) fixed using the option for disabling
chain rule. I will wait for the next release before I put up a patch.

Cheers,
Golam