Heads up: Singular is migrating to cmake

Martin Albrecht

Feb 9, 2010, 12:54:03 PM2/9/10
to Sage Development
Hi everyone,

I was just made aware by Michael Brickenstein that Singular plans to migrate
to cmake, cf.

http://www.singular.uni-kl.de:8002/trac/browser/branches/cmake_migration

which is likely to not work yet. I think we don't ship cmake with Sage yet so
this could present a challenge (also for the various ports). It might make
sense to help upstream with the transition by providing access to a variety of
platforms?

Cheers,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99

kcrisman

Feb 9, 2010, 1:19:54 PM2/9/10
to sage-devel

>  http://www.singular.uni-kl.de:8002/trac/browser/branches/cmake_migration
>
> which is likely to not work yet. I think we don't ship cmake with Sage yet so
> this could present a challenge (also for the various ports). It might make

However, Jaap recently posted (see
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/7dc53287d0805196/2140fb4dd801fb1a)
about an updated cmake optional spkg, which at the least compiles
properly on Macintel 10.6.

- kcrisman