testing packages on OS X 10.5

Minh Nguyen

Sep 25, 2009, 7:50:37 PM9/25/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

There are some updated packages that would be really cool to get into
Sage 4.1.2. These include:

* #6969 boehm_gc-7.1.p2.spkg
* #6971 ecl-9.8.4-20090913cvs.p1.spkg
* #7006 mpir-1.2.p6.spkg
* #6919 flint-1.5.0.p0.spkg
* #6990 python-2.6.2.p2.spkg
* #6951 singular-3-1-0-4-20090818.p0.spkg
* #6758 libgcrypt-1.4.3.p2.spkg
* #6681 cliquer-1.2.p0.spkg

I have been testing these under various 32- and 64-bit Linux machines,
including

* 64-bit Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS (sage.math)
* 64-bit RHEL 5.4 (rosemary.math)
* 32-bit Fedora 9 (cicero on SkyNet)
* 64-bit Fedora 9 (eno on SkyNet)
* 64-bit RHEL 5.3 (lena on SkyNet)
* 64-bit openSUSE 11.1

As for Mac OS X, I only have access to bsd.math, which was recently
upgraded to OS X 10.6. Is there anyone with access to OS X 10.5 who
could build the above packages on that platform, both in 32- and
64-bit mode?

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen

John H Palmieri

Sep 25, 2009, 7:57:37 PM9/25/09
to sage-devel
On Sep 25, 4:50 pm, Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> There are some updated packages that would be really cool to get into
> Sage 4.1.2. These include:
>
> * #6969 boehm_gc-7.1.p2.spkg
> * #6971 ecl-9.8.4-20090913cvs.p1.spkg
> * #7006 mpir-1.2.p6.spkg

I'm making builds with these right now; I'll post results when they're
done.

> * #6681 cliquer-1.2.p0.spkg

This one I did already on OS X 10.5: see the ticket (from a few days
ago).

John

John H Palmieri

Sep 26, 2009, 6:51:07 PM9/26/09
to sage-devel
On Sep 25, 4:50 pm, Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> There are some updated packages that would be really cool to get into
> Sage 4.1.2. These include:
>
> * #6969 boehm_gc-7.1.p2.spkg
> * #6971 ecl-9.8.4-20090913cvs.p1.spkg
> * #7006 mpir-1.2.p6.spkg
> * #6919 flint-1.5.0.p0.spkg
> * #6990 python-2.6.2.p2.spkg
> * #6951 singular-3-1-0-4-20090818.p0.spkg
> * #6758 libgcrypt-1.4.3.p2.spkg
> * #6681 cliquer-1.2.p0.spkg

In an attempt to save time, I attempted to build using all of these at
once (instead of doing one at a time), along with the new fortran spkg
(#6981) and the new r spkg (#6972). On OS X 10.5, both 32-bit and 64-
bit, building was successful. After applying the appropriate patches
-- the ones from 6883, 6919, 6972 -- 64-bit: all tests passed. After
applying these patches to the 32-bit build, same failures as Minh
reported in another thread ("Sage 4.1.2.alpha2 doctest failures on OS
X 10.5.8").

In other words, the packages seem to all look good. I have not
examined each one to see if the spkg-install files make sense, for
instance, but from the point of view of building and (apparently)
functioning on OS X 10.5, they work.

I don't have the energy to comment on each ticket individually, so
take this as my portion of a positive review for each ticket: on Mac
OS X 10.5, they build properly and seem to work.

John

Minh Nguyen

Sep 27, 2009, 11:37:20 AM9/27/09
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM, John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> In an attempt to save time, I attempted to build using all of these at
> once (instead of doing one at a time), along with the new fortran spkg
> (#6981) and the new r spkg (#6972).

I was lazy and did the same thing. Great minds think alike, or so the
saying goes :-)

> In other words, the packages seem to all look good. I have not
> examined each one to see if the spkg-install files make sense, for
> instance,

I have examined the individual spkg-install files. In some cases I
checked in existing changes or fix a minor issue here or there. I have
also uploaded the updated spkg's to the relevant tickets.

> I don't have the energy to comment on each ticket individually, so
> take this as my portion of a positive review for each ticket: on Mac
> OS X 10.5, they build properly and seem to work.

Thank you for your effort. I have commented on each ticket individually.