alglib

Jason Grout

Oct 13, 2010, 12:16:15 AM10/13/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious what the current status of the alglib spkg is---anyone know?
I think the last beta is here:

http://www.alglib.net/share/2010-08-09-alglib-for-sage/

I'm looking forward to it hopefully eventually making it into Sage as a
standard spkg. I just downloaded and installed the above beta, and it
seemed to work great!

Thanks,

Jason

Sergey Bochkanov

Oct 13, 2010, 1:21:04 AM10/13/10
to Jason Grout
Hello, Jason.

You wrote 13 октября 2010 г., 8:16:15:
> I'm curious what the current status of the alglib spkg is---anyone know?

Works were paused for a while (I've spent all August and September
working on ALGLIB 3.0 for C++ and C#), but I don't want to abandon
this project. I plan to make simultaneous release of ALGLIB for Python
and ALGLIB.spkg somewhere in the November.

The only thing which slows me down now is the desire to make complete
rewrite of spkg internals. Last releases were experimental, and I've
decided that in the final release some things should be implemented in
a slightly different manner.

--
With best regards,
Sergey mailto:sergey.b...@alglib.net

Jason Grout

Oct 13, 2010, 2:29:48 AM10/13/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

Great! Thanks for all the work you are doing!

Jason