Re: [sage-devel] installing from hg

Jeroen Demeyer

Aug 3, 2012, 6:31:37 AM8/3/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2012-08-03 12:20, Timo Kluck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I currently have a tarball install for sage. I would like to switch to
> using a hg clone, mostly because then I can use version control in the
> same way that I'm used to from other projects. (for example, that would
> allow me to use hg-git or git-hg and use git locally).
Because of the design of Sage, this isn't really possible currently.
Sage uses several hg repositories internally.

I guess you might want to have a look at the project to switch to git,
which would enable what you want:

Timo Kluck

Aug 3, 2012, 6:55:07 AM8/3/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jeroen. I'm looking forward to that work coming together.

Best regards, Timo