Fwd: patch for fricas.py

Bill Page

Jun 19, 2009, 10:29:26 AM6/19/09
to adamwe...@yahoo.com, fricas-devel, sage-devel
It makes sense to me to post to the email lists. I never accomplish
much my private emails...

The test

sage: a = fricas(x+2)

is correctly written as it stands. Sage is supposed to be able to
convert (most) Sage symbolic expressions directly to Axiom/FriCAS
syntax.

Using

sage:a = fricas('x+2')

just passes a string (which happens to also be correct Axiom syntax)
so it does not test what the original test did.

I don't know that the problem is yet and I don't have a Sage 4.0
system setup to work on this myself but it might have something to do
with the new symbolics sub-system in Sage.

Regards,
Bill Page.