Can someone update developers guide?

Andrey Novoseltsev

Jan 9, 2010, 4:27:12 PM1/9/10
to sage-devel
Hello,

It seems to me that developers guide is a bit out of date (e.g. it has
guidelines about adding [with patch, needs review] to tickets on trac)
and misses some things that would be nice to have there. I would
appreciate if someone can describe how to do the following (in the
guide or as a reply):

1. Fast clone. Currently if I type "sage -clone name", it takes
forever because of documentation. How bad is it to press Ctrl+C to
interrupt it?

2. Can I run documentation builder on a single file, which is not even
included into the main documentation?

3. If I made patch1, then patch2, and then discovered that patch1
should be a little bit changed - what can I do instead of generating
patch3 to be applied after patch1?

Thank you!
Andrey

Robert Miller

Jan 9, 2010, 11:41:11 PM1/9/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
> 3. If I made patch1, then patch2, and then discovered that patch1
> should be a little bit changed - what can I do instead of generating
> patch3 to be applied after patch1?

Use Mercurial queues! You'll need to add a line to your .hgrc file...:
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MqExtension

./sage -hg qimport patch1 # adds to the queue
./sage -hg qpush # applies patch1
./sage -hg qimport patch2 # adds to the queue
#... edit files, build, test, etc.
./sage -hg qrefresh # pulls changes into patch
./sage -hg qpush # applies patch2

--
Robert L. Miller
http://www.rlmiller.org/